cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO: From BK7 discharge to 700 in 24 months or less!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HOW TO: From BK7 discharge to 700 in 24 months or less!

How is everyone able to see their info on Pacer?
Message 1741 of 1,877
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tygerhawke brings up a great point that I didn't think of. As soon as you see your DC on PACER,you can safely apply. Personally, I waited about 6 months, because what I went through left a bad taste in my mouth, and I didn't trust myself. Apply for new credit when it is right for you! Smiley Happy

THIS. Go at your own pace. Just don't apply for a trillion things at once! :-)

Message 1742 of 1,877
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should both my wife and myself do the steps?

Message 1743 of 1,877
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Should both my wife and myself do the steps?

Yes, you should each focus on building your own credit.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 1744 of 1,877
stinastina
Established Contributor

Just wondered if anyone tried Self Lender for their credit building loan. I didn't find too much info on it in the forums but I did see a youtube video,

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 1745 of 1,877
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

@stinastina wrote:

Just wondered if anyone tried Self Lender for their credit building loan. I didn't find too much info on it in the forums but I did see a youtube video,

stinastina,

I've ever seen anything about Self Lender in  the rebuilding forum. It could be a viable option if they report loan data to the credit bureaus in a timely manner.

It's definitely something worthy of more research.

Guyatthebeach

Message 1746 of 1,877
texasguppie
Regular Contributor

Some info in Self Lender:

https://www.selflender.com/
Message 1747 of 1,877
Anonymous
Not applicable

@texasguppie wrote:
I'm going to follow the plan outlined here and work on CR cleanup first.
I'll pull all three reports and make sure everything shows 0 balance, 0 past due and IIB.
In the interim I'll be making regular deposits into the Share account.
When all of the CRA's are reporting correctly I'll start looking for a CC for that particular tradeline.
I'm considering asking my CU about an unsecured card as they offer CL's as low as $500 on unsecured cards.
If luck shines on me there I'll apply for the Share Secured Loan a few months later.
Those two trade lines should get me started on the right path, correct?
At one year post DC I want to apply to Cap1 for a CC and if successful I'll be finished with applying for plastic for awhile.
If I'm successful with Cap1 (concerned because I included two of their cards in my BK7 plus a Kohl's card) I'm going to apply for an auto loan through them as well.
I will also look for opportunity with my CU.
I have a company vehicle so transportation to and from work isn't an issue and I have a Harley for personal transportation but I'd like to have a reliable, used vehicle for personal use (I enjoy camping and while it's possible to camp from the back of my ElectraGlide it's difficult to take the two dogs!)
I'm never going to put myself into this position ever again.
I appreciate all of the advice I've received from members of this forum more than I can ever express!

Hi Texas - I'm not sure if this response is relevent to your concerns anymore as this was posted about two weeks ago, but I have seen many success stories with Capital One very shortly after post discharge.  My hubby and I included 5 Capital One cards between the two of us in our CH 7 (DISC 1/16).  We were both approved May 2017 for the platinum unsecured cards, me for 2k and him for 1k (I think my deferred student loans helped me get a little more)  TU scores are currently 575 & 580 so I was surprised they didn't require a secured card.  These are our first credit cards since discharge as I was depressed and upset about the whole process and kinda stuck my head in the sand.  I do wish I started sooner, but maybe this is how it was supossed to work for us.  Good luck!!! 

Message 1748 of 1,877
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stinastina wrote:

I opened a SelfLender account in February, it took 60 days to report but I've gone up steadily (about 28 points total) since getting it.  In my opinion, it works but you have to have patience.

Message 1749 of 1,877
bshockley1981
New Contributor

Message 1750 of 1,877
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.