cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO: From BK7 discharge to 700 in 24 months or less!

tag
texasguppie
Regular Contributor

Re: HOW TO: From BK7 discharge to 700 in 24 months or less!

Based on the entry shown below I should anticipate discharge sometime in July 2017;

"Objection to Discharge/523 Due
Filed: 03/31/2017 Due/Set: 07/10/2017"

My question is this; should I wait until I receive my discharge letter is in hand before I open a share secured loan through my CU?
Message 1731 of 1,877
Anonymous
Not applicable

You definitely should wait. You aren't supposed to open any new credit while in the BK process. Patience will be the key to rebuilding.

Message 1732 of 1,877
texasguppie
Regular Contributor

Thank you Bella007!
I will wait!
Message 1733 of 1,877
Anonymous
Not applicable

@texasguppie wrote:
Based on the entry shown below I should anticipate discharge sometime in July 2017;

My question is this; should I wait until I receive my discharge letter is in hand before I open a share secured loan through my CU?

There's no reason to wait for mailing time to get the letter 'in hand', but you definitely should wait until it exists.  I appled for my first CC the very day I saw my DC appear on PACER  Smiley Tongue

Message 1734 of 1,877
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@texasguppie wrote:

There's no reason to wait for mailing time to get the letter 'in hand', but you definitely should wait until it exists.  I appled for my first CC the very day I saw my DC appear on PACER  Smiley Tongue

Tygerhawke brings up a great point that I didn't think of. As soon as you see your DC on PACER,you can safely apply. Personally, I waited about 6 months, because what I went through left a bad taste in my mouth, and I didn't trust myself. Apply for new credit when it is right for you! Smiley Happy

Message 1735 of 1,877
Anonymous
Not applicable

I closed all my zero balance cards just before the BK filing, as I thought it might look better than them closing the accounts.

Message 1736 of 1,877
texasguppie
Regular Contributor

I'm going to follow the plan outlined here and work on CR cleanup first.
I'll pull all three reports and make sure everything shows 0 balance, 0 past due and IIB.
In the interim I'll be making regular deposits into the Share account.
When all of the CRA's are reporting correctly I'll start looking for a CC for that particular tradeline.
I'm considering asking my CU about an unsecured card as they offer CL's as low as $500 on unsecured cards.
If luck shines on me there I'll apply for the Share Secured Loan a few months later.
Those two trade lines should get me started on the right path, correct?
At one year post DC I want to apply to Cap1 for a CC and if successful I'll be finished with applying for plastic for awhile.
If I'm successful with Cap1 (concerned because I included two of their cards in my BK7 plus a Kohl's card) I'm going to apply for an auto loan through them as well.
I will also look for opportunity with my CU.
I have a company vehicle so transportation to and from work isn't an issue and I have a Harley for personal transportation but I'd like to have a reliable, used vehicle for personal use (I enjoy camping and while it's possible to camp from the back of my ElectraGlide it's difficult to take the two dogs!)
I'm never going to put myself into this position ever again.
I appreciate all of the advice I've received from members of this forum more than I can ever express!
Message 1737 of 1,877
Anonymous
Not applicable

@texasguppie wrote:

Hey, we're almost BK twins! 

Filed 3/29/17 Due/Set 6/30/17

Good luck, I'll be looking forward to sharing progress along the way!

Message 1738 of 1,877
texasguppie
Regular Contributor

From the date I filed to the date of my 341 hearing seemed like an eternity even though it was only 39 days.
The wait from my 341 hearing to July when I should see the DC on Pacer is going to kill me!
Message 1739 of 1,877
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a car loan I got during our Ch 7 (predischarge) so I could turn in my old car. The interest is outrageous - 14%.  We are now about 8 mo post discharge.  I have a  Cap1 - 3K (after CLI)  8 monthsold and a Discover IT 2K - 2 months old.   I just got mt scores  Eq 664 TU 632 EX 648  - I would love to refi the car loan - with 8 months history and these scores would the CU be likely to refi me ?   I know Cap 1 will - but at 10% I was hoping for lower than that.

Message 1740 of 1,877
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.