Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Valued Member

Re: HOW TO: From BK7 discharge to 700 in 24 months or less!

How is everyone able to see their info on Pacer?
Established Member

[ Edited ]

Tygerhawke brings up a great point that I didn't think of. As soon as you see your DC on PACER,you can safely apply. Personally, I waited about 6 months, because what I went through left a bad taste in my mouth, and I didn't trust myself. Apply for new credit when it is right for you! Smiley Happy

THIS. Go at your own pace. Just don't apply for a trillion things at once! :-)

Should both my wife and myself do the steps?

Community Leader
Senior Contributor

TheBigD wrote:

Should both my wife and myself do the steps?

Yes, you should each focus on building your own credit.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
732 EQ FICO 06/2017
740 TU FICO 06/2017
735 EX FICO 06/2017
$20k NFCU Platinum | $25k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $6.6k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $14k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa
Contributor

Just wondered if anyone tried Self Lender for their credit building loan. I didn't find too much info on it in the forums but I did see a youtube video,

BK7 Discharge 1/16

10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520

6/17 ~ EQ: 601; TU: 614; EX: 639
Established Contributor

stinastina wrote:

Just wondered if anyone tried Self Lender for their credit building loan. I didn't find too much info on it in the forums but I did see a youtube video,

stinastina,

I've ever seen anything about Self Lender in  the rebuilding forum. It could be a viable option if they report loan data to the credit bureaus in a timely manner.

It's definitely something worthy of more research.

Guyatthebeach

Established Member

Some info in Self Lender:

https://www.selflender.com/

texasguppie wrote:
I'm going to follow the plan outlined here and work on CR cleanup first.
I'll pull all three reports and make sure everything shows 0 balance, 0 past due and IIB.
In the interim I'll be making regular deposits into the Share account.
When all of the CRA's are reporting correctly I'll start looking for a CC for that particular tradeline.
I'm considering asking my CU about an unsecured card as they offer CL's as low as $500 on unsecured cards.
If luck shines on me there I'll apply for the Share Secured Loan a few months later.
Those two trade lines should get me started on the right path, correct?
At one year post DC I want to apply to Cap1 for a CC and if successful I'll be finished with applying for plastic for awhile.
If I'm successful with Cap1 (concerned because I included two of their cards in my BK7 plus a Kohl's card) I'm going to apply for an auto loan through them as well.
I will also look for opportunity with my CU.
I have a company vehicle so transportation to and from work isn't an issue and I have a Harley for personal transportation but I'd like to have a reliable, used vehicle for personal use (I enjoy camping and while it's possible to camp from the back of my ElectraGlide it's difficult to take the two dogs!)
I'm never going to put myself into this position ever again.
I appreciate all of the advice I've received from members of this forum more than I can ever express!

Hi Texas - I'm not sure if this response is relevent to your concerns anymore as this was posted about two weeks ago, but I have seen many success stories with Capital One very shortly after post discharge.  My hubby and I included 5 Capital One cards between the two of us in our CH 7 (DISC 1/16).  We were both approved May 2017 for the platinum unsecured cards, me for 2k and him for 1k (I think my deferred student loans helped me get a little more)  TU scores are currently 575 & 580 so I was surprised they didn't require a secured card.  These are our first credit cards since discharge as I was depressed and upset about the whole process and kinda stuck my head in the sand.  I do wish I started sooner, but maybe this is how it was supossed to work for us.  Good luck!!! 

Valued Member

stinastina wrote:

I opened a SelfLender account in February, it took 60 days to report but I've gone up steadily (about 28 points total) since getting it.  In my opinion, it works but you have to have patience.

Scores as of 07/30/2016: TU-457 | EX-457 | EQ-454
Filed BK7 07/29/2016
Established Member

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.