cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO: From BK7 discharge to 700 in 24 months or less!

tag
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Re: HOW TO: From BK7 discharge to 700 in 24 months or less!

Yes.

The BK clears the debt. The foreclosure, short sale or deed-in-lieu clears the title.

A different way to look at it is that post-BK you don't owe the $.  The house still does.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 341 of 1,877
Chilli
Established Contributor

@sm - so even if you are discharged, the foreclosure proceeding continue and hit your credit report as a foreclosure...owing nothing...?

Message 342 of 1,877
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

If your state records foreclosures as public records, yes.  The tradeline, however, should read IIB/$0/Closed.

This is why the FHA rules for a new mortgage state: 2 years post Bankruptcy Discharge or 3 years post short sale/foreclosure title-transfer, whichever is later.

I totally paraphrased that... but you get the gist.  The clock for you to buy again doesn't start ticking until the title is out of your name.   The spirit behind this rule/law is that a homeowner (like me!) can live in the house for years rent-free until the foreclosure happens.  The FHA would rather you just execute a short-sale immediately after discharge.

The screw is that there's no way to force a bank to foreclose... which is why you need to short sell if you want to have any control.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Message 343 of 1,877
Chilli
Established Contributor

@sm - thanks for the info.  You know I'm still stoked! I downloaded the app, signed in and saw the card is a platinum... is that the same as the quick silver? I know I applied for the quick silver? 

I am afraid to call to ask...

Message 344 of 1,877
Chilli
Established Contributor

Need advise - In April 2013 a collection account was deleted from 2 of my credit reports. Well, because I put in a dispute with TU. The collection showed back on my other 2 reports amost a year later...saying discharged but show that I'm on a payment plan in February. When the discharge was in Jan. 

can something show up after it was deleted almost a year later?

this took my score back down over 35 points!

Message 345 of 1,877
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

@Chilli wrote:

Need advise - In April 2013 a collection account was deleted from 2 of my credit reports. Well, because I put in a dispute with TU. The collection showed back on my other 2 reports amost a year later...saying discharged but show that I'm on a payment plan in February. When the discharge was in Jan. 

can something show up after it was deleted almost a year later?

this took my score back down over 35 points!

Dispute.  If fail, call FCRA attorney.   Get free money.  Profit.

Also, stuff like this should probably go in it's own thread.

-SM

Message 346 of 1,877
ando35
Frequent Contributor

I would say it takes 3-4 years to get to 700.

Message 347 of 1,877
Chilli
Established Contributor

@sm I have an appt. next Wednesday.

question...i've read a lot about keeping limits below 30% ...is that 30% each cc or is it 30% collectively? Again...just curious...still staying on the plan but just wanted to know.

thanks

Message 348 of 1,877
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

@ando35 wrote:

I would say it takes 3-4 years to get to 700.

Only if you don't follow the plan.  The plan in post 1 of this thread is a proven method to get there in 24 months or less (+/- 10 pts).

-SM

Message 349 of 1,877
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

@Chilli wrote:

@Anonymous I have an appt. next Wednesday.

question...i've read a lot about keeping limits below 30% ...is that 30% each cc or is it 30% collectively? Again...just curious...still staying on the plan but just wanted to know.

thanks

re-read the plan... the answer is in there!  ;-)

Message 350 of 1,877
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.