Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had 341 meeting MAY 23RD

tag
dlynk196
Valued Member

Had 341 meeting MAY 23RD

Hello again!

My wife and I had our 341 meeting on May 23rd and are trying to patiently wait for our discharge - My question is..

We have a car loan through USAA, which is not a local bank, and we are not reaffirming the loan. The payment is extremely high and under water, so we included it in the bankruptcy. We have yet to hear from USAA, or our attorney who may have been contacted by USAA, to schedule a pick up or drop off of vehicle. Has anyone dealt with surrendering a vehicle with USAA in a bankruptcy and how long we may have the vehicle until they come knocking?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
labelexpired
Established Member

Re: Had 341 meeting MAY 23RD

I'm in the same boat as you but with another bank TD Auto. I been reading somewhere that they are not able to pick up the car until after the bk is discharged. Have you talked to your attorney regarding this?

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/bankruptcys-automatic-stay

That's where I read that.

Quote from site below;

When you file for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy, the automatic stay immediately goes into effect. The automatic stay prohibits most creditors from continuing with collection activities, which can provide welcome relief to debtors as well the opportunity to regroup during bankruptcy. There are some exceptions to the automatic stay, so it's important to learn about these before you file. And creditors can ask the bankruptcy court to lift (remove) the stay. In certain circumstances, the court is likely to do so.  

Cap One $1000
Cap One Quicksilver $500
Best Buy Visa Citi $2000
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.