cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had my 341 today, trustee asked for more bank statements.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had my 341 today, trustee asked for more bank statements.

Had my 341 meeting today I was nervous as heck, it went ok I guess. My trustee asked for more bank statements all bank statements from the past 12 months and he asked for me to surrender a designer bag I listed and few designer shoes. Also he wants an expalnation from lawyer, since I paid a retainer and they financed the rest of the service bill he sees that as dischargable. I'm dropping everything off tomorrow at my lawyers. I hope I can still get my discharge in July. Pacer has no updates

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Had my 341 today, trustee asked for more bank statements.

Good luck with everything tomorrow. Was your attorney present for your mtg? Why did he ask for more bank statements?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lawyer was present. I submitted 6 months of bank staments but he wants a year. I already printed everything out so I drop it out tomorrow 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Had my 341 meeting today I was nervous as heck, it went ok I guess. My trustee asked for more bank statements all bank statements from the past 12 months and he asked for me to surrender a designer bag I listed and few designer shoes. Also he wants an expalnation from lawyer, since I paid a retainer and they financed the rest of the service bill he sees that as dischargable. I'm dropping everything off tomorrow at my lawyers. I hope I can still get my discharge in July. Pacer has no updates

My lawyer said they wouldn't finance my fees for that exact reason. We did all the prepwork but I had to pay him off in full before he would file.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dropped off the statements at my lawyer's office and they are waiting on an address so I can drop off the items the trusttee wants. Also checked Pacer and this is what it states Trustee's Statement Re: 521(a)(1) Filing Requirements. Not sure what that means.

Message 5 of 7
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My lawyer said they wouldn't finance my fees for that exact reason. We did all the prepwork but I had to pay him off in full before he would file.

My attorney half jokingly questioned it when I gave him a check paying his fee in full. I told him "I'm filing BK because I owe more than I can repay. That doesn't mean I'm a crook. And you look cleaver enough to wait & make sure the check clears before your file". He filed the next day.

Message 6 of 7
GatorsFan84
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It is surprising to me to see how different 341 meetings can be in different parts of the country.  Where I live BK is a normal thing and the 341 meetings are a big room full of like 50-100 people waiting and you are called up one at a time to the "font desk" and asked like 5 questions and then it's done.  I've never seen anyone have trouble at a 341 meeting.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.