Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy Day

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy Day

Thought I'd share that my Chapter 7 Bankruptcy was discharged yesterday and was terminated today.  Time to start working on rebuilding my credit, I put my current scores in my signature.  Other than my monthly bills and a student loans, I think I am in good shape.  Any advice on which cards to go after based my my current credit scores?  Any advice is welcome and I am looking forward to sharing my journey with you.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Happy Day

Yay! Congrats on your discharge. 

Pre-app for Cap1....if nothing comes up, try in a few weeks (3-4). Make sure your discharge has time to hit your credit reports. (Pull your FICO scores in about 30 days to ensure everything is reporting correctly). 

Good luck! I look forward to seeing your progress. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thought I'd share that my Chapter 7 Bankruptcy was discharged yesterday and was terminated today.  Time to start working on rebuilding my credit, I put my current scores in my signature.  Other than my monthly bills and a student loans, I think I am in good shape.  Any advice on which cards to go after based my my current credit scores?  Any advice is welcome and I am looking forward to sharing my journey with you.

Congratulations!  My BK7 just DC'd on 8/22.  On 8/24, I checked the CapOne pre-approval site.  They didn't have any offers for me but I app'd for the QS1 anyway and it got approved.  My FICO scores are still in the high 4s, low 5s so I think you should be ok...unless you had a CapOne card that charged off less than 12 months ago.  Good luck!  Let me know what you decide.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the forum, you came to the right place!!

Yes, Cap1 will be your best bet, wait a few weeks then apply.  

Message 4 of 6
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Welcome to myFICO and congratulations on your discharge! The first step is to get copies of your reports and make sure everything is reporting correctly. Also, can you share more about your profile and BK? Things like who was IIB would be very helpful Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for welcoming me.  The cards that were iib were Amex, Barclay, BOA, Best Buy store card, & Capitol One.  I've reviewed my credit reports and everything is zeroed out and included in the bankruptcy.  I am planning on waiting a couple of weeks to make sure everything is ok and see if the TU score goes up once the student loans get added back on.  I think that is the reason (I could be wrong with that theory) for the difference between the TU and Equifax scores is that one student loan is on Equifax & not on the TU report.  These scores have been stable for the past few months, so we will see what happens when they update to reflect the discharge.

Thoughts on my theory?  I'd love to hear from people who have been there before.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.