cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone heard of bankruptcy being removed from public records a few months early?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone heard of bankruptcy being removed from public records a few months early?

Bankruptcy going off record in October (discharge date)getting credit screen in August....has anyone heard of them taking the bankruptcy off record a few months early???

Message Edited by sally12 on 07-02-2008 11:08 PM
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: Has anyone heard of bankruptcy being removed from public records a few months early?

I wouldn't be surprised if it comes off like in August.  I know that with many of my accounts, Experian and Equifax especially take them off about 3 months ahead.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone heard of bankruptcy being removed from public records a few months early?

Thank you so much for the reply...fingers crossed!
Message 3 of 9
LouMinotti
Regular Contributor

funny you should ask! I just asked this in the general issues forum because yesterday truecredit showed that EX dropped my BK when in fact it wasn't supposed to drop of until October 08. It's still showing on TU and EQ. My score didn't change at all on Truecredit and I don't want to spend anymore money checking my score on MyFico; six times in the last three weeks is enough, that's a tank of gas.

heh.
July 08 FICO TU/683 EQ/629 EX/658
Goal: 700+ by June 09
Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Two more to go... hope they will follow suit.....!
Message 5 of 9
LouMinotti
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats! Two more to go... hope they will follow suit.....!

tanks, I guess...I couldn't stand not knowing so I checked this morning...score dropped on EX from 672 to 658...welcome to the new bucket! I know I should be happy that it's off, but somehow I'm not feelin' the love. ;-)
July 08 FICO TU/683 EQ/629 EX/658
Goal: 700+ by June 09
Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose.
Message 6 of 9
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Actually, EQ and TU does this. EX usually makes you wait until the date it is reported to be removed.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uniqua - do you have any personal experience with EQ and TU removing early, or is this what you hear?
Message 8 of 9
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Boscoe, I have personal experience with EQ and TU removing early (not BK, other accounts). I was told by both EQ and TU CSRs that it is their practice to do this a few months in advance. They do this as a courtesy to the consumer but you cannot expect them to do it, nor do they have to. By law, they have the right to keep the accounts on your CR until the date of deletion. EX CSR told me that they do nothing until the date to be removed. My BK is not due to fall off for at least 18 months.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.