Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you had any success?

tag
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Have you had any success?

@Anonymous wrote:

Dave, Had a similiar experience with one of my accounts, actually with Capital One, who just gave us two credit cards a few weeks ago. Surprise. Anyway, they changed the IIB account with delinq history over to "Pays As Agreed" Closed, Removed acct/payment history and moved over in CR's to account in good standing. That was nice.

You diddn't have to ask, they just did it on they're own? Maybe they'll change mine, they gave me a Rewards Visa w/$10k limit in early Oct., evfen though I burned for 2 accounts in Ch. 7 discharge 1/2011. I think my saving grace is my Best Buy Rewards MC I got 9 months post discharge. It had a puny $500 CL, issued by HSBC. They sold it to Cap One a few months later, and I got Cap One to raise the CL to $1k in 5/2013. Citi Bank bought it 9/2013. I burned Citi for 2 accounts and they are not BK friendly, but I got them to raise the CL to $2k last month. Love that card!

I also had an Orchard secured card opened a few months post discharge & closed when I got BB MC, but Cap One bought it from Orchard, so it shows up on my CR as a satisfactory post discharge Cap One account.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure which question you are asking, whether they gave us the cards without asking or changed the IIB past account. Smiley Happy  Anyway, my husband and I both applied a few weeks post discharge for Cap 1 Plat And Cap 1 Quicksilver. We each got one with 3000 limit. I was shocked and didn't question it. As far as the IIB account I sent a dispute letter in because they were reporting a past due amt and late pays. Figured I would give it a shot on the late pays. Next thing, the account is changed and clear showing in positive accounts. Not questioning that one either.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit. Typing to fast. 

Message 13 of 15
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Edit. Typing to fast. 

Same here. Smiley Very Happy

No, I wasking about changing their IIB accounts in your CR. Cap One is pretty BK friendly, but you still have to ask them for a CC. Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, didn't ask. Just sent a dispute in about the late pays and a past due balance showing after file date. No explanation rec'd. Just showed the account not showing "Pays As Agreed" Closed with no evidence of BK. Thinking someone made an error, but like I said not questioning it. So far, I have either rec'd "verified" with no change or the account/payment history has been deleted or the account has been deleted. Still working on more, just taking a bit of break, papers everywhere.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.