Krizno

Hello all questions

Hello,
I am in the process of filing chapter 7. I am part of a credit union and want to sign up at nfcu. My brother used l have a account when he was in the navy so I'm good. But should I open it now or after my chapter 7 is done. I was thinking post bankruptcy. Thanks everyone. Also I am an au on my dw sams card should I remove myself before filing? And if I don't do I have to include it? I pay it so I can just go online and remove my self if necessary then add my self back after discharge. Thanks again.
Frequent Contributor
grassfeeder

Re: Hello all questions

Krizno wrote:
Hello,
I am in the process of filing chapter 7. I am part of a credit union and want to sign up at nfcu. My brother used l have a account when he was in the navy so I'm good. But should I open it now or after my chapter 7 is done. I was thinking post bankruptcy. Thanks everyone. Also I am an au on my dw sams card should I remove myself before filing? And if I don't do I have to include it? I pay it so I can just go online and remove my self if necessary then add my self back after discharge. Thanks again.

I suggest you carve out about 2-6 hours and read through this forum.  There is a wealth of information on steps to take.  I would wait to do everything POST discharge of your Chapter 7.  I'd also remove yourself as an autohorized user, you can always be added down the road.

5/12- EQ FICO - 508 / TU FICO - 490 / EX FAKO - 550 Ch. 7 BK - 7/12 (discharge 10/12)
6/14 - EQ FICO 674 / 4/14 - TU FICO - 636 / EX FICO - 654

NFCU cashRewards $10,000 - NFCU Flagship Visa $8,000 - First Tech C.U. Cash Rewards $5,000 - Barclays Apple Card $2,000 - JCrew $4650
In the garden starting 3/1/14 till ???
GettingBack2Basics

I don't think it would hurt to open an account with them now. That way you'll have a little history with them by the time you begin applying for credit after your bk discharges.

Established Contributor
aussiesareforever

If you open an account now, there is a good chance they will close it when you file BK. Wait and open after you file. NFCU is bankruptcy friendly. I agree with the previous poster, do a lot of reading and pace yourself.
BK in 2008, after making very stupid financial decisions.

Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($6400) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($10,000)---GEMB CareCredit ($5700) --- AUFCU ($10000)--- Walmart ($5000)

FICO Scores: TU 735 EQ 709 EX 740 (Feb 2013, all pulled by lender)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+