Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello all questions

tag
Krizno

Hello all questions

Hello,
I am in the process of filing chapter 7. I am part of a credit union and want to sign up at nfcu. My brother used l have a account when he was in the navy so I'm good. But should I open it now or after my chapter 7 is done. I was thinking post bankruptcy. Thanks everyone. Also I am an au on my dw sams card should I remove myself before filing? And if I don't do I have to include it? I pay it so I can just go online and remove my self if necessary then add my self back after discharge. Thanks again.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

Re: Hello all questions

@Krizno wrote:
Hello,
I am in the process of filing chapter 7. I am part of a credit union and want to sign up at nfcu. My brother used l have a account when he was in the navy so I'm good. But should I open it now or after my chapter 7 is done. I was thinking post bankruptcy. Thanks everyone. Also I am an au on my dw sams card should I remove myself before filing? And if I don't do I have to include it? I pay it so I can just go online and remove my self if necessary then add my self back after discharge. Thanks again.

I suggest you carve out about 2-6 hours and read through this forum.  There is a wealth of information on steps to take.  I would wait to do everything POST discharge of your Chapter 7.  I'd also remove yourself as an autohorized user, you can always be added down the road.

Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 2 of 4
GettingBack2Basics

I don't think it would hurt to open an account with them now. That way you'll have a little history with them by the time you begin applying for credit after your bk discharges.

Message 3 of 4
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

If you open an account now, there is a good chance they will close it when you file BK. Wait and open after you file. NFCU is bankruptcy friendly. I agree with the previous poster, do a lot of reading and pace yourself.

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.