cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!! Account status changed to IIBK 2 months after bk discharged from good standing account.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help!!! Account status changed to IIBK 2 months after bk discharged from good standing account.

I have several student loans that weren't included in my bk. They were in-school deferment when I filed and were all in good standing. Two months after my discharged.today I am bombarded with alerts from Myfico and my score has dropped 50 pts. They all are now reflecting negative and included in bk even though they never were. I'm in tears because of this.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help!!! Account status changed to included in BK 2 months after bk for good standing account.

My accounts have done the same thing. I filed chapter 7 in 12/2014. I spoke with my student loan lender and they said since they aren't dischargeable, they will start re-reporting after the bankruptcy discharge. So no worries. If you already have your discharge then you need to call your lender to correct the information.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help!!! Account status changed to included in BK 2 months after bk for good standing account.

They have never reported included in bk until this month, they went from current in good standing for the last five years to this all of a sudden after discharge.

Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help!!! Account status changed to IIBK 2 months after bk discharged from good standing account.

@Anonymous wrote:

I have several student loans that weren't included in my bk. They were in-school deferment when I filed and were all in good standing. Two months after my discharged.today I am bombarded with alerts from Myfico and my score has dropped 50 pts. They all are now reflecting negative and included in bk even though they never were. I'm in tears because of this.

They were included even if you didnt file on them, the old ones will show IIB, new ones will be created post BK as you cannot discharge them if they are backed by the federal govt.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help!!! Account status changed to IIBK 2 months after bk discharged from good standing account.

So are you tellming me that for five years they can report as good standing current accounts and then two months after discharge they can change the status as IIbk

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

So are you tellming me that for five years they can report as good standing current accounts and then two months after discharge they can change the status as IIbk

Yup, had they been PIF prior to the BK then they would have remained as good accounts.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.