Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help After Bankruptcy, Rejected from All

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help After Bankruptcy, Rejected from All

Your journey has definately given me hope !!  Thank you for sharing. Keeping my fingers crossed that the Cap 1 comes through. Should know in a few days. I burned them in BK, but  had a perfect payment history prior. We shall see,  if not, I will hold off a few months and let the CU secured card and CU shared saving account, report a timely history. If I can just control myself for not applying for another card if Cap 1 doesn't go through. I need a does of patience. I too, need to get a car soon, but want to get those scores up.. 

Message 31 of 65
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

I burned capital one for 1800 across three cards... They reject me every time without a hard pull. I was never late prior to filing, either but they just don't want me.

Oh well. My hard earned money is going else where to other companies who have given me a chance.

I will say though, stay away from First Premier BAnk if you can. They are waaaaay worse than CreditOne. If they come down to being your only option, then go with it but, yeah.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 32 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have read them some who had Cap 1 in their BK were approved, others not. Don't understand why some get it and others don't. I know they have done a hard pull as I was alerted to it. When I went on to their site, I went to do the pre-qualifier and it then prompted me to recommendations and I followed through. Again, this was before I researched on the forum, was a little trigger happy. I don't know if them doing a hard pull is a good sign or not. Thanks for the advise on First Premier.

Message 33 of 65
Insoc
New Contributor

I may give Credit One a shot, but I'm going to wait a few months, after the New Year and see how well the Merrick Bank Visa I got improves my scores.   Does Credit One immediatley charge you for the annual fee?  Merrick did but it was only $36, after a year it's $2/month. 

Message 34 of 65
Insoc
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have read them some who had Cap 1 in their BK were approved, others not. Don't understand why some get it and others don't. I know they have done a hard pull as I was alerted to it. When I went on to their site, I went to do the pre-qualifier and it then prompted me to recommendations and I followed through. Again, this was before I researched on the forum, was a little trigger happy. I don't know if them doing a hard pull is a good sign or not. Thanks for the advise on First Premier.

I read this as well, I'll never figure it out.  I will give up on Capital One if I get a #3 Denial.

Message 35 of 65
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

CreditOne will charge the $75.00 on the first statement which generates about a week after activating the card. 

The second year, it is billed monthly - mine will be cancelled in March because the AF hits again.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 36 of 65
Insoc
New Contributor

@0REDSOX7 wrote:

CreditOne will charge the $75.00 on the first statement which generates about a week after activating the card. 

The second year, it is billed monthly - mine will be cancelled in March because the AF hits again.

So you had no negative experiences with them?  I read a lot of negatives about Credit One that make me even more afraid to apply.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/credit_cards/credit_one.html

Message 37 of 65
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Not one issue at all.

Granted I've never had to call them, but I pay on time every month and they send statements.

Seems the issues are with people who can't pay their bill on time.

It's a good rebuilding card - and I am thankful they gave me a shot.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 38 of 65
john99c
Established Member

I am in the same boat as RED, Cap1 shoots me done without a pull.  I to have the Credit 1 card. No issues so far. I have seen someone mention they only accept 4 payments a month, so I make 2. They take a day or 2 to process payments you make, not a big deal. I do all my payments online with them.   They do not give much if any CLI's from what I have seen, but the plan is to have it 11 months anyways just to get something reporting... 

With a 300 limit and not spending over 29 of it you cant get yourself in to much trouble.   

CH7 Discharged 5/30/2014
Starting: 555 EQ 5/2014 myFico (EX 550, TU 440 6/14 (CU Pull))
Current: 687 EQ 4/2015 652 TU 4/2015 668 EX 5/2015 (all myFICO)
Goal: 700+
Message 39 of 65
ShellyxBaby
Established Member

actually I had Credit One and I closed it because I would pay my bill in full before the due date and would get hit with a finance charge. every single time. I would call them and ask why are you guys reporting a balance when I paid and they would say that it wasnt the actual amount. I got frustratred so i called to cancel and i even paid the amount only to find out that they didnt process it. I paid it in full over the phone I even asked them to give me the full pay off amount and they did. So tell me why after closing my account I see a 4 dollar balance reporting on my account?  

So yeah I wouldnt assume its with people who arent paying on time because I was paying on time and in full annd I was having issues

Filed BK7: 11/2013 Discharge 03/2014 Starting Score 562
634 EQ FICO 03/2015
607 TU FICO 03/2015
605 EX FICO 03/2015
Message 40 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.