Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Attorney filed my ch 7 with an account that I was an authorized user on

tag
Kaydee84
New Contributor

Help! Attorney filed my ch 7 with an account that I was an authorized user on

I'm panicking right now because I just realized that my attorney included an account in my bankruptcy that I was an authorized user on. I failed to see if was included in the paperwork before I filed. I was removed from being an authorized user in November 2016. I will be calling my attorney on Monday morning but has anyone had this happen? What was the result? I'm mostly panicking because it's my parents account and they are closing on a house in 2 weeks. I don't want this oversight to affect them in any way. I'm hoping I caught this in time to make a change. I haven't even had my 341 meeting yet.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help! Attorney filed my ch 7 with an account that I was an authorized user on

If you are no longer an authorized user you shouldnt worry but if you are then you shoudl call your attorney asap. My attorney told me that account I was an authorized user on woould be closed if I didnt remove myself from them. I called all the cc while still in the office and got my self removed before filing. . 

Message 2 of 4
Kaydee84
New Contributor

Re: Help! Attorney filed my ch 7 with an account that I was an authorized user on

That's good to know. My attorney is absolutely no help in this unfortunately. He didn't even know that authorized user accounts could show up on a credit report. Neither did his partner. I'm not even sure how I should feel about them not knowing that lol. All they suggested is that I call the company and confirm that I was an authorized user and was removed back in November.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great to know that ! my husband is filing next week and i removed him as AU from my accounts last week. Transunion updated his report but experian and equifax still havenot. we have disputed my accounts on his report.Anyways good to know that if he is removed as an AU before filing it they wont close my accounts. We do have a joint auto loan that we are planning to reaffirm since its a new loan. I can always dispute if any credit bueraus mess up reporting it as current. My attorney is not very responsive either. my husband hired him longtime ago  before we were married , and had already paid him in 2012 , but they didnt file then  , but now one of the collection agencies filed a law suit so my husband will file next week. all of his debts are from 2012. no new debts . hopefully he can put this behind and start fresh. This forum is much much better in information than our attorneys LOL!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.