Did you mean: 

Help Equifax does not report my bk

tag
kugel
Valued Contributor

Help Equifax does not report my bk

Need advice please,
Just pulled my eqifax report it does not report my bk
on the public records I was discharged 3 moths ago how come nothing is showing , is it a good thing or no ,

I do have one judgment from 2011 should I dispute it ?
Plus 2 accounts that is charged off before realizing that no bk is on my report I submitted a dispute saying that This accounts should removed because I was discharged,
If it's a good thing that I don't show a bk will this dispute wake them up and they will find out I have a bk on my public record ??
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help Equifax does not report my bk

Hard to say if it will wake them up or not. They would most likely have found and updated your BK anyways, there probably just behind on it. Personaly I would not tell eq that I had a BK unless It was more benifitial to have the baddies marked as IIB, then to show on my accounts. I will say that if you have several baddies on your account, that is still less damaging then a BK. Chase, amex, boa will all work with credit reports with baddies but not with a BK for Many, many years. Then again in all honesty not showwing a BK on one report would only help you if companies only pulled that single report. I think even if you did get credit threw many companies they, would later take it away from you if they ever found out about the BK.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It'll catch up eventually.  EQ was the last CR to update with my discharge.

Message 3 of 10
daveg38
Established Contributor

I'm experiencing somewhat of an 'opposite effect'.

Experian (the preferred Credit Bureau of government agencies) reported mine first. Like within 4 days of my signing.

Equifax posted two days later. Then, according to MyFico alerts, posted it AGAIN.

Transunion is yet to report mine.

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 4 of 10
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

We have this issue with my wife's credit report.  It does not show on her EQ either.

We went to apply for a mortgage, and the broker asked us to get it on their for underwriting purposes just to be sure.  We called equifax, and they said to call the court house.  We called the BK court and they said it was submitted and available to Equifax, but it's on them as to why they have not reported it.  

Everything matches, so, I do not know what to do.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 5 of 10
kugel
Valued Contributor

How long ago was your wife discharged ?
Mine was like 3 months
Message 6 of 10
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

We are going on two years and one month since discharge.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 7 of 10
KnowMoreGrowMore
Regular Contributor

@kugel wrote:
Need advice please,
Just pulled my eqifax report it does not report my bk
on the public records I was discharged 3 moths ago how come nothing is showing , is it a good thing or no ,

I do have one judgment from 2011 should I dispute it ?
Plus 2 accounts that is charged off before realizing that no bk is on my report I submitted a dispute saying that This accounts should removed because I was discharged,
If it's a good thing that I don't show a bk will this dispute wake them up and they will find out I have a bk on my public record ??

My BK7 is about to drop in a little over a month, and EQ never reported my BK. I just asked for an early drop from TU yesterday; awaiting the outcome. I only found out about EQ not reporting it after finding this forum and requesting my CRs last year. By then, it had been missing for 9 years.

I have one account on my EQ that should have been listed as IIBK. It's expected to drop off a week or so before the BK drops. I tried to get the status changed from "charged-off bad debt" to IIB. They said, the only way they would do it was if I provided the paperwork for the BK (initially, I opened a dispute online and then called). I declined and they didn't press it from their side. Who knows? The same may happen with you. YMMV.

For me, since it was the only baddie incorrectly reporting from the BK, I just decided to leave it alone. Not until a few days ago, did I again ask EQ to drop it early and this was only because I know the BK date is expiring. Their still reviewing the request. Even if they put the BK on now (for some strange reason), it will drop off soon, so no worries there. For me, my EQ score was at times 30-40 pts ahead of my TU and EX scores, which both reported the BK. Plus, seeing it helped build my confidence. So, it worked out pretty good for me! Again, YMMV. All the best! Smiley Wink 

FICO 08 TU: 722 EX: 724 EQ: 728 May 2018
INQs: TU:1 EX:0 EQ:1
Message 8 of 10
kugel
Valued Contributor

What cards did u mange to get that pulls equifax?
Message 9 of 10
KnowMoreGrowMore
Regular Contributor

@kugel wrote:
What cards did u mange to get that pulls equifax?

Macy's SL $2.5k, and 2 Cap1 cards; although 2 hps , EQ & TU (Venture SL $10K, & Prestige Plat for $5K). Also, been getting pre-qualified offers like crazy from Discover and Citi. Have large amount of sp's on EQ. Hope this helps! 

FICO 08 TU: 722 EX: 724 EQ: 728 May 2018
INQs: TU:1 EX:0 EQ:1
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.