Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help bouncing back from a BK???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help bouncing back from a BK???

Hello! Im new here to the forum but am in desprerate need of some credit "guidance".

So here's my situation in a nutshell...

Filed BK (Chpt.7) in Oct/2017

Bought a car Dec/2017

BK Discharge was dated 1/22/18

All my unsecured debt was inluded as well as 2 cars I had. So my need for a new (to me) car was real bad seeing as how the banks were on me about surrendering the vehicles as soon as I could. Which is why I purchsed the Honda I now have in Dec.

I have read everywhere that you need a "loan" and a card to sorta jump start your credit again post discharge. So I didn't feel too bad about my car, and about 1 week ago I got my Discover It card (secured) for $200. I haven't seen my numbers do any noticeable movement yet (1 or 2 points) and am wondering is it too soon? Yes I know I just got the card, but figured the auto loan should do something already no?

Anyway, thats where I'm at now... but I'm looking to see what my next steps would be to push my numbers up (besides the obvious on time payments and responsible use). What are some other steps I'd need to take to keep my score not only moving, but in the right direction!

Any and all info is really really appreciated.

FYI - Ive seen mentioned in some other threads that the CapOne card helps too, but I didn't get approved... not even for the secured one. =(

Last scores I saw were.. 2/17/18

TU - 569

EQ - ?

EX - 567

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.