Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed cleaning up my CR after chapter 7 BK

tag
Grover627
New Contributor

Help needed cleaning up my CR after chapter 7 BK

Hi all-

I have pulled all 3 of my CR, and have successfully challenged many incorrect items on the reports through the CRA's. My questions are about the negative items that remain.

* Am I correct that accurate accounts should be listed as "Discharged through Bankruptcy Chaper 7", and report a $0 balance?Is it worth writing GW letters to get those removed?

* I have some accounts that also reported 30, 60, and 90 day lates, in addition to the "Discharged in BK7"- should that be on there? And when is the latest month into the BK process they are allowed to report? I have some accounts that are reporting lates after our filing date, and one reporting a month after our discharge date. Should I try writing GW letters about these accounts that are posting the late statuses?

* I have an auto loan that I reaffirmed in the BK7, was never late, and has since been paid in full, that is listing as being included in the ch. 7, and is considered a negative item in my CR. Is there anything I can do about removing this item?

I appreciate any advice that anyone can offer on these questions, as well as any other tips you might have to help me scrub my credit reports.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Comet21
Regular Contributor

Re: Help needed cleaning up my CR after chapter 7 BK

Nothing you can do about the lates before you filed. I would try to get the lates removed after filing and who knows they may delete everything. You have to play nice with your auto loan. DO NOT DEMAND. They do not have to report your payment history after filing for BK even if you reaffirmed. I called to make sure they had received the reaffirm paperwork and asked about reporting the the CRA's. They told me my account would start reporting in 30-45 days. This was with BMW, the only problem I have with them is that it is still showing I have 2 payments on my TU report even though the car is paid off.

Starting Score: TU 477 EQ 533 BK 1/27/2012
Current Score: EX 702 TU 681 EQ 652 1/10/2014
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.