Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please

tag
octavia
Regular Contributor

Help please

I have a Bk Ch.13 that is should have dropped off my CR in 9/2007.  Do I dispute this with CR to get it removed? Should I do this online or in writting CMRRR?

Please someone advise me.

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help please

Hi, I would definitely dispute it to get it dropped off.
I would think that you should have no problem disputing with the CRA online.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@octavia wrote:
I have a Bk Ch.13 that is should have dropped off my CR in 9/2007. Do I dispute this with CR to get it removed? Should I do this online or in writting CMRRR?
Please someone advise me.
Thanks in advance.

I also came across this:
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&message.id=10399&query.id=92898#M10399

Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

octavia wrote:
I have a Bk Ch.13 that is should have dropped off my CR in 9/2007.  Do I dispute this with CR to get it removed? Should I do this online or in writting CMRRR?

If you filed BK13 in 9/2000, then they tend to drop after 7 years. However, under law, BKs (7 or 13) can report for up to 10 years.

The CRAs tend to report BK7s for 10 years from discharge date and tend to report BK13s for 7 years from the filing date. This is their policy of encouraging people to go 13 rather than 7.

If it's beyond 10 years, they cannot report it. Period. You can be firm with them and call, fax, dispute online or dispute via CMRRR.

If it's beyond 7 but within 10, they might delete it if you disputed. I'd try a softer approach and dispute or via fax.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.