Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with BK/scoring questions

tag
granny031350
Established Contributor

Help with BK/scoring questions

Ok, I will try not to ramble here.  I have read everything I can in this forum about credit scoring and about buckets and scorecards etc.  I am currently in a chapter 13 BK but am at the end of it and will be discharged by August.  My current scores from the My Fico are TU/ 556   Equifax 544 and Experian 585.   I thought not bad for being in BK.  LOL  I have opened a few of those sub prime cc with fees to help with my rebuild.  Ok, so

1.  When the credit report reads discharged chapter 13, will the score go up? (now just states as on record, filed)
2.  Even though the cc's I currently have are considered bottom feeders with fees, will the ontime payments and low utilization increase my score as well? (does it matter to Fico that they are the pond scum of credit cards?)
3.  What else should I do between now and August to get the score up.  I am not looking for miracles, but anything around 600 for me would be absolutely marvelous in my eyes.  The past 7 years for me have not been good ones, obviously.
4.  Beause I am in the BK bucket, so to speak, will taking the score up to 600 even before discharge take me out of that bucket?  I have disputed everything now on all 3 reports and am waiting for their responses. 

Any thoughts or ideas? 

Thanx to all in advance.
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.