Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Experian Dispute!

tag
bbrentlinger
Regular Contributor

Help with Experian Dispute!

Experian was reporting a judgement incorrectly, it should be reporting iib.  We filed chapter 13 in 2008 and are set to discharge next month.  I wrote the letter, sent copies of the paperwork from the court stating it was iib and a copy of our bk paperwork and a copy of my CR.  I received a letter yesterday saying the information was verified and they would not investigate or change the information.  What they are reporting is clearly wrong!  I am so frustrated!

What are my next steps?  MOV letter?  It is set to fall off in 2015.  How much is this hurting my score?

Any suggestions, MOV letter tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Starting Score: EQ593 EX 633 TU 649
Current Score: EQ 593 EX 633 TU 649
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: Help with Experian Dispute!

what exactly does the report say ?

Message 2 of 5
bbrentlinger
Regular Contributor

here is what was said in the response letter

We are responding to your request to veriy items on your personal credit report.  We have already investigated the information and the credit grantor has verified its accuracy.  Please refer to the personal credit report your received for the name, phone number, and the address  of the credit grantor who verified this information.  Pursuant to Section 611(a)(3)(A) of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, we will not be investigating your dispute again at this time.  If you still believe the item is inaccurate, then we can add a statement of continued dispute to your personal credit report at your request, or you may wish to contact the credit grantor directly to resolve your issue.  If you have additional relevant information (anything new that has occurred between you and the credit grantor or courts that should result in a change to the information appearing on your credit report, such as a letter from the creditor, a cancelled check or money order, billing statement, contact name of the credit grantor, letter from the irs, proof from a court or county reporter, proof that bankruptcy was dismissed or discharged, etc.” that was not presented when you previously disputed the information, you may mail it to us and we will re-investigate your claim.

We included the copy of paperwork from the COURTS that said "suggestion of bankruptcy"  what else could they possibly need.  or obviously they looked at the letter and did nothing.  I was of the thought that it was on them to prove to me who they contacted. 

Below is the letter I have drafted to send along with copies-AGAIN.  any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

To whom it may concern:

I am writing again to have you Re-investigate and provide a Method of Verification for an item on my credit report that is reporting incorrectly.  Included in my first letter I included a copy of your credit report and supporting documentation from the Sarpy County Court that clearly states a “suggestion of bankruptcy”.  

Item 1: I dispute Judgment filed on 10/08 account number [CI083763] for Plaintiff General Service Bureau in the amount of $3737.   This has been disputed before and it is still missing information.  This should be reporting as “included in bankruptcy”.

On October 24, 2013 I requested an investigation because I felt the item is not being reported legally, and on November 12, 2013 I received a letter stating that your investigation was complete.  Please answer the following questions:

What certified documents were reviewed to conclude your investigation?

Please provide me with a complete copy of all the information that was transmitted to the data furnisher as part of the investigation, as required by the FCRA:

Who did you speak with?

What was the date?

How long was the conversation?

What was their position?

What number did you call?

What is the name of the employee you spoke with?

This inaccurate information has caused me severe financial and emotional distress.  Please reply within 15 days to all the above questions, or delete the items. 

If this is not corrected or deleted within 15 days, I will file a complaint with the FTC.

Message 3 of 5
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@bbrentlinger wrote:

here is what was said in the response letter

We are responding to your request to veriy items on your personal credit report.  We have already investigated the information and the credit grantor has verified its accuracy.  Please refer to the personal credit report your received for the name, phone number, and the address  of the credit grantor who verified this information.  Pursuant to Section 611(a)(3)(A) of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, we will not be investigating your dispute again at this time.  If you still believe the item is inaccurate, then we can add a statement of continued dispute to your personal credit report at your request, or you may wish to contact the credit grantor directly to resolve your issue.  If you have additional relevant information (anything new that has occurred between you and the credit grantor or courts that should result in a change to the information appearing on your credit report, such as a letter from the creditor, a cancelled check or money order, billing statement, contact name of the credit grantor, letter from the irs, proof from a court or county reporter, proof that bankruptcy was dismissed or discharged, etc.” that was not presented when you previously disputed the information, you may mail it to us and we will re-investigate your claim.

We included the copy of paperwork from the COURTS that said "suggestion of bankruptcy"  what else could they possibly need.  or obviously they looked at the letter and did nothing.  I was of the thought that it was on them to prove to me who they contacted. 

Below is the letter I have drafted to send along with copies-AGAIN.  any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

To whom it may concern:

I am writing again to have you Re-investigate and provide a Method of Verification for an item on my credit report that is reporting incorrectly.  Included in my first letter I included a copy of your credit report and supporting documentation from the Sarpy County Court that clearly states a “suggestion of bankruptcy”.  

Item 1: I dispute Judgment filed on 10/08 account number [CI083763] for Plaintiff General Service Bureau in the amount of $3737.   This has been disputed before and it is still missing information.  This should be reporting as “included in bankruptcy”.

On October 24, 2013 I requested an investigation because I felt the item is not being reported legally, and on November 12, 2013 I received a letter stating that your investigation was complete.  Please answer the following questions:

What certified documents were reviewed to conclude your investigation?

Please provide me with a complete copy of all the information that was transmitted to the data furnisher as part of the investigation, as required by the FCRA:

Who did you speak with?

What was the date?

How long was the conversation?

What was their position?

What number did you call?

What is the name of the employee you spoke with?

This inaccurate information has caused me severe financial and emotional distress.  Please reply within 15 days to all the above questions, or delete the items. 

If this is not corrected or deleted within 15 days, I will file a complaint with the FTC.

Just a heads up, the FTC no longer accepts consumer complaints in regards to credit reporting. All complaints are now filed with the CFPB. 

Message 4 of 5
bbrentlinger
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.