Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest score After BK7 ???

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Highest score After BK7 ???

Just wondering what some of the high scores are with BK still reporting ,but  discharged??

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Re: Highest score After BK7 ???

My scores are in my siggy.  Almost four years post discharge although I just recently started actively working on keeping my reported utilization low and minimizing my inquiries. I've seen people on these boards with scores in the high 700.

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 2 of 4
jk26978
Regular Contributor

Well, just bought my TU today from here, it does make me at least feel a little better.  I am 2 years 7 months post filing, my EX is 694 as of 2/19 this year and my TU is 703 as of today.  I am hoping that is at least kind of good.  I read so many posts on here, it helps to keep me from getting too discouraged.  I guess I will just keep using the 3 cards that I currently have as I am to scared to try for any others for fear of what the inquiries will do to my scores.  According to today's score pull I only have one inq from November of last year, of course that was a denial.  But......thanks to these forums and all the folks that understand what I am going thru,  I keep hope that one day things will get better for me.....SO.......thank you all

K

Starting Score: 650 Current Score: EQ:674 (SW Alert 12-28-15) - TU: 698 (5/27/13 SW)Chapter 7 filed 8/2009 - Discharged 12/2009 Goal Score: 750
Joined the garden again 12/5/13
In the garden again till at least 6/1/16

http:
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jk26978 wrote:

Well, just bought my TU today from here, it does make me at least feel a little better.  I am 2 years 7 months post filing, my EX is 694 as of 2/19 this year and my TU is 703 as of today.Nice work breaking 700!  I am hoping that is at least kind of good.  I read so many posts on here, it helps to keep me from getting too discouraged.  I guess I will just keep using the 3 cards that I currently have as I am to scared to try for any others for fear of what the inquiries will do to my scores.  Sounds like a great plan for rebuilding.  Don't let FOI (Fear of Inquiries) hold you back - make decisions regarding new accounts based on what meets your needs, and what you determine you would realistically qualify for.  Most of the potential damage from a new account comes from AAofA and "New Account" dings, not from the inquiry itself.  According to today's score pull I only have one inq from November of last year, of course that was a denial.  But......thanks to these forums and all the folks that understand what I am going thru,  I keep hope that one day things will get better for me..It looks like they already are!...SO.......thank you all

K

And in answer to your subject line, my highest FICO (TU) has been 741 post BK.  My understanding is they can get up to almost 760.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.