Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holy cow, I'm actually pre-qualified!

tag
nothopelessyet
Established Member

Holy cow, I'm actually pre-qualified!

I still haven't had my 341 (May 17th), but I went from being denied for Capital One's pre-qual to finally being pre-qualified for a Platinum or QuicksilverOne Rewards card. Obviously I have to wait for discharge (July 17th objection to discharge, ugh it's so far), right? Also I'm trying to follow the BK7 to 700 in 24 guide. I assume an unsecured Capital One card is a fine substitute for a Credit One card, right? I really want to avoid Credit One if possible. 

Also, any insight on whether to go with the rewards card and pay the $39 annual fee, or the Platinum with no AF?

I am also in a rehabilitation plan for my student loans, so once those are all updated to current tradelines in about six months I should be looking at a pretty decent jump I hope! Thanks for all the help you guys provide! Smiley Very Happy

Filed BK7 4/5, 341 5/17

4/21 FICO EQ 484
4/27 FICO EX 516
5/22 FICO EQ 524 9/12 FICO EQ 604
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Holy cow, I'm actually pre-qualified!

@nothopelessyet wrote:

I still haven't had my 341 (May 17th), but I went from being denied for Capital One's pre-qual to finally being pre-qualified for a Platinum or QuicksilverOne Rewards card. Obviously I have to wait for discharge (July 17th objection to discharge, ugh it's so far), right? Also I'm trying to follow the BK7 to 700 in 24 guide. I assume an unsecured Capital One card is a fine substitute for a Credit One card, right? I really want to avoid Credit One if possible. 

Also, any insight on whether to go with the rewards card and pay the $39 annual fee, or the Platinum with no AF?

I am also in a rehabilitation plan for my student loans, so once those are all updated to current tradelines in about six months I should be looking at a pretty decent jump I hope! Thanks for all the help you guys provide! Smiley Very Happy

You can probably PC the platinum into a regular QuickSilver (no fee) after 6 months

Message 2 of 5
kberly69
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@nothopelessyet wrote:

You can probably PC the platinum into a regular QuickSilver (no fee) after 6 months

Yes, this^.   I was able to do it after 3 or 4 months. I don't have much use for paying an annual fee.

CH7 BK Discharged 10/16
Oct/Nov 2016: EQ 632 TU 532 EX 573
Feb 2017: EQ 695 TU 673 EX 670
March 2017 EQ 702 TU 676 EX 673
April 2017 EX 683 (TU & EQ unknown)
May 2017 EQ 695 TU 685 EX 693
Feb 2018 EQ 704 TU 687 EX 694

9/24/20: 4 years from discharge FICO 8: EQ 751 EX 765 TU 766 FICO 9 EQ 814 EX 804 TU 821
Message 3 of 5
nothopelessyet
Established Member

Great, I'll do that. Thank you guys!

Filed BK7 4/5, 341 5/17

4/21 FICO EQ 484
4/27 FICO EX 516
5/22 FICO EQ 524 9/12 FICO EQ 604
Message 4 of 5
krielly
Established Contributor

Yes.....wait until after discharge.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.