Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long Before Discharge?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How Long Before Discharge?

What's the average time for a case to be discharged after the deadline for objections? My deadline was the 23rd... No one has objected and I had a no asset case. How long do you think it will be before I get my discharge? I am anxious but don't want to keep spending to check PACER...

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: How Long Before Discharge?

Can't say. Depends on your local district and their policies.

For me, my district does them all on the 15th of the month - so, if your last day to object is the 14th, you get it in a day. If it's the 16th, you're waiting a month.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 7
bstone
Frequent Contributor

I don't know how my district operates, so there may be a set date each month, but my discharge was only like three or four days after the objection deadline.  The case was closed two weeks after that.  Couldn't have asked for it to go any more smoothly.

NFCU Rewards - $18,000, NFCU Signature - $18,000, NFCU LOC - $15,000, Care Credit - $7,700, Lowe's - $6,400, Capital One QS - $5,000, Walmart - $5,000, Amazon - $4,000
Message 3 of 7
Pway
Valued Contributor

I would continue to check pacer, they only charge after you have a account balance of $15 per quarter, I know i checked it everyday.  You could also consult with your attorney they receive the dischage faster because it is sent directly to them via court documents online. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my chapter 13 case, day number 30 of time to object was March 11th and I recieved my Order of Discharge on the morning of March 12th.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all. Day 63.... Still waiting. I think I feel more anxious now than in the first 60 days. Hopefullythe court doesn't take much longer.

Message 6 of 7
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

I sent my final Ch 13 payment on Feb 11th and got the discharge on May 7th.

Trustee audits... paperwork... etc...  30-120 days is the norm for Ch 13.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.