cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long???

tag
SassyGirl8

How Long???

How long does BK end up staying on the credit? My father had filed BK quite a few years ago and I was just wondering how long this could end up staying on his credit. I tried getting him the sw free trial but it says he doesn't have enough information to calculate an actual fico score. I know that he has credit but it's just not giving me the score or anything and I've went to annualcreditreport.com to get the information off of his credit report.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Long???

I think chapter 7 is 10 years and chapter 13 is 7 years. I believe both dates are from filing date not discharge.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Long???

BK 13 is 7 years from filing date and BK 7 is no more than 10 years. The CRAs have opted to arbitrarily assign the cap of 10 years to the BK7. If congress' intent was to keep a Chapter 7 filing on your CR for the maximum time frame, they could have easily written "not less than, but no more than" 10 years.

Message Edited by FaircreditguyFL on 04-16-2008 01:12 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.