Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Should This Be Reporting?

tag
theheater30
Contributor

How Should This Be Reporting?

I have only one medical collection that is reporting from my bankruptcy. I filed Chapter 7 and my bankruptcy was discharged 08/03/2010.

This collection is showing as closed and "Chapter 7 Bankruptcy" but the date opened is 09/03/2010 and last report date is 12/2010.

My question is if this were opened post discharge but included in bankruptcy... Should this be listed on my report?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
6speed8
Regular Contributor

Re: How Should This Be Reporting?

Just went through something similar. Not exact but close. Equifax was the only report showing a medical debt that was discharged June 2015. The debt showed "open" in status but in the comments it showed "Ch 7 / Medical Discharge." I submitted a dispute with Equifax on January 23rd. Several "your dispute is in process and should be concluded by February 19th" emails later, February 18th it was removed.

CH 7 Discharged 6/10/15
T/U - 643
EQ - 588
Ex - 647 as of 6/14/15
Message 2 of 4
theheater30
Contributor

Really?? Hmm, mine is only reporting on Transunion. I'm hesitant on doing a dispute because I don't want it to update or anything if for some reason they say it is valid. But it shouldn't be there so maybe I should go for it?

Message 3 of 4
6speed8
Regular Contributor

@theheater30 wrote:

Really?? Hmm, mine is only reporting on Transunion. I'm hesitant on doing a dispute because I don't want it to update or anything if for some reason they say it is valid. But it shouldn't be there so maybe I should go for it?

From what you posted, it doesn't seem like it should be valid. Your numbers update monthly at least, so a dispute isn't going to do any harm. If anything if it is removed by dispute, your numbers will stay the same or increase. At the very least, it should be reported as CLOSED if it isn't already.

CH 7 Discharged 6/10/15
T/U - 643
EQ - 588
Ex - 647 as of 6/14/15
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.