Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I fix this!?

tag
michaels88369
Frequent Contributor

How can I fix this!?

This account is over 3 years old with Verizon. They got notified of my BK7 and seems to sold the debt to this company and now shows brand new and won't come off until 2020. What can I do other than just include this debt in bk as well and wait until 2020? I've disputed it in April and it's still there. Thanks

Credit conscience!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
michaels88369
Frequent Contributor

Re: How can I fix this!?

Screenshot_2015-05-23-22-59-14.png

Credit conscience!
Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@michaels88369 wrote:

This account is over 3 years old with Verizon. They got notified of my BK7 and seems to sold the debt to this company and now shows brand new and won't come off until 2020. What can I do other than just include this debt in bk as well and wait until 2020? I've disputed it in April and it's still there. Thanks

When did you file the BK and has it been discharged?

Message 3 of 5
michaels88369
Frequent Contributor

I filed on 03-31-15 and it hasn't been discharged as of yet. My discharge date is scheduled around 07-07-15. Thanks for the quick response gdale6
Credit conscience!
Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@michaels88369 wrote:
I filed on 03-31-15 and it hasn't been discharged as of yet. My discharge date is scheduled around 07-07-15. Thanks for the quick response gdale6

If you are not represented by an attorney let your trustee know what is going on, it is a violation of federal law to engage a CA to collect post filing of the BK petition, the selling of a debt to a JDB post filing is a grey area, the big banks did this and they are finally settling suits and have agreed to not do this any more. Its a form of greed get what you can before you wont be able to.  I would also send a copy of your filing to this CA with demand that their TL be removed. If you have an attorney let him handle the whole thing.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.