cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is this possible, and where do I go from here?

tag
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

How is this possible, and where do I go from here?

So my bankruptcy if finally discharged.  I subscribe to USAA CM and I just pulled my reports and everything is reporting correctly as I can see it on TU, and the USAA FAKO is a respectable 608.  So I figured I would go ahead and buy my FICO on here and just compare the two.  497 **bleep**!

You have a serious delinquency, public record and/or a collection on your credit report. - I understand this, I just filed BK

You have few accounts that are in good standing. - There are a couple of closed accounts that were paid in full and never late, but nothing currently open.

There is no recently reported activity on any of your non-mortgage credit accounts. - I filed BK so everything was closed.

You have one or more accounts showing missed payments or derogatory descriptions. - Not a single late payment EVER reported on TU.  Derogatory just the BK.

All of the accounts that were included in the bankruptcy show that they are "UNRATED" as the status.  Is this correct or should it say something else?

I have 0 inquiries on TU, and no collections.

So basically what I am wondering is where do I go from here?  Is my score so depressed (like I am now) because there are no open accounts?  If that is the case then getting a secured card should fix that real quick right?  Last week I was prequalified for the Capital One Quicksilver and the Platinum.  Now all I get is the secured card.  So guys and gals where would you start?  BTW the other reports are not cleaned up yet but I am working on them.  Both of the other reports have one positive tradeline, an AU account with 1% UTIL, but for some reason TU will not report that account.

My wallet: Newest to oldest.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
s9

Re: How is this possible, and where do I go from here?

Hi Simi

You need to go to the bankruptcy section on this forum and chek out SoulMaster. This guy has posted a How to: from bk7 discharge to 700 in 24 months or less.  I have been following the steps and my score has improved tremendously.

Good luck on your rebuild!!!

Message 2 of 18
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

I have read every single post in that thread. The first thing he says. And say it about 25 times is don't go the secured route. But I can guarantee no CC on earth is going to approve me with a 497 FICO. So I have to look elsewhere. 

Message 3 of 18
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@simi_go wrote:

I have read every single post in that thread. The first thing he says. And say it about 25 times is don't go the secured route. But I can guarantee no CC on earth is going to approve me with a 497 FICO. So I have to look elsewhere. 

Actually, once you fix the reporting of your tradelines you will see a bump in your score. Each tradeline is supposed to read:  iib and zero balance. Not a blank in the balance column an actual zero.  It also isn't supposed to read 'unrated'. 

Get your 3 reports (not scores) from www.annualcreditreport.com  to begin the process of correcting your reporting. Once that is done, you will be able to get a low limit card that is unsecured.

Message 4 of 18
Delia72
Valued Member

+1

BK Discharge 5/6/14
Quizzle Score EQ 585 as of 7/14
TU 637 as of 7/14
Credit Sesame EX FAKO 653 as of 7/10/14
Goal 700 + home purchase

Cap 1 Unsecured Plat PC'd to Quicksilver
Message 5 of 18
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

+2 ... come back when you can state that every tradline in your three credit reports is reporting IIB and zero balance. Until then, I recommend that you stop thinking about applying for new credit.

Message 6 of 18
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

Actually I pulled from TU dispute today and every single account is listed as IIB and $0 balance. Experian is also completely updated. Only EQ has one account still not updated. I am assuming the myFico report shows unrated because TU deletes the payment history and just puts everything IIB with $0 balance.

So correcting my reports is not the problem. So what else could be?

Message 7 of 18
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@simi_go wrote:

What's the problem again?  A low score?

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 8 of 18
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@simi_go wrote:
Actually I pulled from TU dispute today and every single account is listed as IIB and $0 balance. Experian is also completely updated. Only EQ has one account still not updated. I am assuming the myFico report shows unrated because TU deletes the payment history and just puts everything IIB with $0 balance.

In your original post, you asked about "unrated" status of items on your credit reports. If your reports were not secured through annualcredit.com or a lender-pulled credit report, then we cannot address anything on those reports to which you refer. Let us know when you have reviewed reports from either of the two sources that I listed here.

Message 9 of 18
Delia72
Valued Member

Also myfico pulls EQ. If there are still accounts not showing IBB and $0. That could be the problem.
BK Discharge 5/6/14
Quizzle Score EQ 585 as of 7/14
TU 637 as of 7/14
Credit Sesame EX FAKO 653 as of 7/10/14
Goal 700 + home purchase

Cap 1 Unsecured Plat PC'd to Quicksilver
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.