Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is your foreclosure listed?

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

How is your foreclosure listed?

I was looking over my credit reports to see if there needed to be cleaned up a little.  I had two foreclosures that were part of my BK.  One is listed as -

Discharged through Bankruptcy Chapter 7.

The other didn't say anything about being disharged in the BK. It just had over a year of late payments and then closed after the foreclosure. Status showed Paid, Closed.  The foreclosure was in 2009 and BK discharged in in Feb '10. So I disputed it to have it listed as part of the BK. Didn't know if it would help my credit report/score at all but it was worth a show.  I quickly received a reply a few days after filing the displute. ND for No Data was listed up to last month and now there is an F this month for Foreclosure.  The other property is going to report until May of '16. This one is now going to report until 2020 -

Status Details:
This account is scheduled to continue on record until Oct 2020.
This item was updated from our processing of your dispute in Jan 2014.

Should they all report as Discharged through Bankruptcy or is there different listings? My concern is that the new update is going to hurt my credit report. One by making it look like the foreclosure was this month and two because it's going to report for an extra 4 years.  I thought I was doing the right thing. A little lost on what to do now.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: How is your foreclosure listed?

Are you sure that both foreclosed account were on your filed schedule of creditors and accepted by the trustee? The way that my attorney explained bankruptcy to me is that all debt are INCLUDED in bankruptcy and some are reaffirmed and that the discharge generally covers all debt that preceded the bankruptcy filing [there are a few exceptions]. If the foreclosures were truly listed on the filed/approved list of creditors, then they should be reported as IIB with zero balances. I would use the bankruptcy petition documents to support a request to the CRA's to correct reported inaccuracies.

Message 2 of 9
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I'm 99% sure. That property was foreclosed on before the backruptcy was filed. It was the biggest thing dollar wise in the BK.  Home went to auctuon. Winning bid was about $100k less than what I owed on it. 

The only thing that I received after the BK was discharged was a simple piece of paper from the court that stated that the BK was discharged. It had the date and case number. My feeling when I saw that was... "that's it!?". No fancy paperwork, no pile of paperwork, just one piece of paper saying it was over. 

Is there a place where I can get a copy of my BK and all of tghe creditors that were included?  I have a box tucked away somewhere. It's full of documents from the BK. I figure something listed at the court will have the basics, just showing the creditors that were included. 

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 3 of 9
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Yes, you can download your entire BK file from PACER.gov

Message 4 of 9
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info!  Just signed up and waiting for my e-mail now.

Looking at my updated report now.  The other property says -

Discharged through Bankruptcy Chapter 7.

Account History:
 180 days past due as of Oct 2009 
 150 days past due as of Sep 2009 
 120 days past due as of Aug 2009 
 90 days past due as of Jul 2009 
 60 days past due as of Jun 2009 
 30 days past due as of May 2009, Mar 2009, Jan 2009, Dec 2008 
 Debt included in Chapter 7 Bankruptcy on Feb 04, 2010

The one in question shows - 

Status Details:
This account is scheduled to continue on record until Oct 2020.
This item was updated from our processing of your dispute in Jan 2014.

Account History:
 Foreclosure as of Jan 2014 
 180 days past due as of Jan 2008 to Sep 2008 
 150 days past due as of Oct 2008 
 120 days past due as of Nov 2008 
 90 days past due as of Dec 2008 
 60 days past due as of Jan 2009 
 30 days past due as of Feb 2009

Notice that the foreclure date and date that it will report to. That date is actually longer than my BK will report. 

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 5 of 9
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

If that is the same property, the TL should read iib and zero balance. It can not be changed after your BK was discharged in 2009. In other words, it can't be changed from iib and zero to foreclosure in 2014 when your BK on that property was 2009.

Use the BK paperwork: copies of the petition and discharge, to dispute directly with the creditor. Once your BK was discharged your personal liability was removed from payment of the loan. The f/c was done so the bank can get the property back.

If the creditor won't cooperate go back to your BK attorney and have him send a letter to the creditor. This renaming of the debt to a f/c after you had BK'ed the property is a violation of the discharge injunction. Let your the attorney handle it.

Message 6 of 9
masscredit
Valued Contributor

That is two different properties.  One is listed correctly (IIB) while the other isn't listed like that.

I was just on the Pacer site but can't location the info that I want.  That's a copy of the petiion with all of the creditors listed and the accounts. Actually, I did find one listing and printed it but it's just plain. Doesn't look formal and no letterhead.  I'm going to call the BK court in my state tomorrow and see if I can go into one of their locations to get a copy of the info.

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 7 of 9
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

You should be able to download the entire file from PACER.

That is the official record of your BK and all the filings.

Did you include both properties in your BK? If so, then they both should have the iib and zero balance notation.

If the one that was just f/c 2014 was subsequent to your BK, then that is a different issue.

Message 8 of 9
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Yes, both were included. The one in quetion was foreclosed on in March of '09 and the other was Nov '09 (yeah... it was an interesting year!).  I'm on the Pacer site.  Logged in then in my state's BK Court/Document Filing System.  Do I goto Query or Reports?  I clicked on most of the links there last night.  The List of Creditors is where I printed that list from last night. But like I said, it was just a real basic list on a piece of paper that showed the creditors included.  I'd like to get the full record of my BK that shows the creditors, amounts for each creditor ect... 

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.