Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long until another cc?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long until another cc?

So, I have this capital one secured for 700.

I've spent and paid over $3000 on it in the last 34 days (I made sure it only reported like 90 bucks. But yeah...when should I apply for another cap 1? I know I'm being eager and impatient but you probably get me

My scores were all 480-490 when I got the secured. They are 561 eq, 514 ex and 522 tu.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long until another cc?

Also I've had the sec for 1 month. And prequalifier says nothing for me. I'm afraid to try and get shot down and have cap1 look at me badly or something
Message 2 of 11
Taoron
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My scores were all 480-490 when I got the secured. They are 561 eq, 514 ex and 522 tu.

You can try something like Credit One or First Premiere with those scores, they may approve you.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah no thanks, that's why I was asking how long.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another main reason. I really don't like debit cards. That's another reason I want more limits/cards. It would make me feel better. Juggling 3 grand through a 700 dollar line is rough
Message 5 of 11
panthersguy
New Contributor

Did you burn Cap1 in your BK?? If not, even though you don't have a preapproval from their website. I say give it a shot.  My wife didn't have a preapproval and was approved for a QS with a $3k CL and a Platinum with a $2k.  I DID have a preapproval and got the QS with a $1k and another QS with a $500 CL.  We had been discharged about 3 days and didn't burn them in our BK... it only costs you an inquiry which is not gonna kill your score at this point.

Just my opinion, others may disagree...you've shown good handling of the secured and have a low uti...so why not??

Message 6 of 11
Pway
Valued Contributor

I say go for it.  I was not pre qual when I applied either.  I cold apped for all of three of my Capital One cards.  I don't see you being denied, app for the QS1. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I'm thoroughly surprised...barely a month of usage. Terrible credit (not even pre qual with credit one) was approved. $500 limit but hey...I'm not complaining
Message 8 of 11
panthersguy
New Contributor

Congrats!!
Message 9 of 11
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Congrats,,,glad you got approved,,, garden awhile and let these accts. age ,,will lead to better scores and approvals...

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.