cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should discharged items appear on credit report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How should discharged items appear on credit report?

Should they appear with $0 balances and "Included In Bankruptcy" or should they say "Discharged" with $0 balances? I am just very confused as into why 2 years outside of bankruptcy my scores are so low when the only thing I have opened is Student Loans (Deferred due to me being in school), A car loan (1 30 day late over 8 months ago), Credit Card (the limit is high I am paying it down), beyond that I don't have anything else open but my scores are the same place they were during BK or worse.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
starry1
Valued Contributor

Re: How should discharged items appear on credit report?

You need 2-3 credit cards to rebuild after bankruptcy. That late on the car loan is hurting you badly. After bk, your payment history is supposed to be perfect or you get hit even harder.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How should discharged items appear on credit report?

I was unemployed and as may or may not know it takes like a six weeks to get a check and I had to decide whether it was going to be food on the tab, gas to look for a job, or pay the car note. I kind of wish I knew I was going to get laid off I would have waited until this year to file I'm just really trying to get out of this car loan and get a better interest rate somewhere else and possibly in a year or 2 after graduation by a house. It has just been really rough I sat back and calculated how many payments I made on the car I bought which I bought for $12000 if I stay in the car loan I am going to be giving them $21060 for a car that I bought for $12000 and is now only worth $8000 its just a horrible situation and I wish I knew what I know what now. Could piggybacking save me at this point? I sent a goodwill letter out to my auto loan company I am sure they will remove it since I have had seamlessly good history with them beyond that

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.