cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How soon after getting a Capital One Platinum should I apply for a Quicksilver?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm about 6 months post-discharge. Score = 681. CL = 6k

Thank you!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How soon after getting a Capital One Platinum should I apply for a Quicksilver?

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you!

6 months is the absolute minimum time between Capital One apps, so there's that

A better question would be: How soon after getting a Capital One Platinum can I get on their website chat and ask for a product change to a Quicksilver on the same account?

The answer to that one is 60 days from card activation  Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How soon after getting a Capital One Platinum should I apply for a Quicksilver?

That's a good idea cuz quicksilver def has better perks. But I'm more just looking to get another card and increase me CL.

Anyone have good results applying for a QuickSilver while already have a platinum?

Message 3 of 21
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you!

I was able to convert my Platinum card to a Quicksilver right around 45 days.  I am 6 month post discharge from a CH13.  I had no issues and I did it over the phone.  My SL was $3k and it currently remains there.  I will be trying for a CLI as soon as allowed.  Hope that helps!

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@luxeprw9 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you!

I was able to convert my Platinum card to a Quicksilver right around 45 days.  I am 6 month post discharge from a CH13.  I had no issues and I did it over the phone.  My SL was $3k and it currently remains there.  I will be trying for a CLI as soon as allowed.  Hope that helps!

It's allowed now - do it!  Smiley Tongue

seriously though, your best course would be to request a CLI before the card hits 6 months, as at that time credit steps will kick in, and that will lock you out of further increases until the card hits 1 year

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for the Platinum in June "16, and PC'd to QS right after my1st statement cut. You have to wait 6 months between new card apps with Cap1. I apped for QS in Dec '16 with FICO 8 at EQ 695, TU 655, EX 682, and was approved for a $10000 SL. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 21
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

I was just over a month when I was able to PC my Plat to QS. 6mos for the 2nd card is Cap1 policy now.
Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 7 of 21
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@luxeprw9 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you!

It's allowed now - do it!  Smiley Tongue

seriously though, your best course would be to request a CLI before the card hits 6 months, as at that time credit steps will kick in, and that will lock you out of further increases until the card hits 1 year

I tried for a CLI and was denied for account being too new.  It said to try again after the 3rd statement.  That will be sometime in April.

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved for the Platinum in June "16, and PC'd to QS right after my1st statement cut. You have to wait 6 months between new card apps with Cap1. I apped for QS in Dec '16 with FICO 8 at EQ 695, TU 655, EX 682, and was approved for a $10000 SL. Smiley Happy

Bella,

Can you clairify? You switched to QS soon after getting your Platinum in June, but then applied for QS again in December?

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Bella,

Can you clairify? You switched to QS soon after getting your Platinum in June, but then applied for QS again in December?

Sure! I apped and got approved for Platinum on 6/5/16, PC'd to QS after 1st statement cut on 7/3/16, then apped for the Quicksilver WEMC and got approved on 12/22/16. The PC isn't considered a new app because your card retains the same number, same CL APR, approval date, etc. It just changes name and you can get rewards. I hope that helps, but let me know if there is something specific you would like to know that I didn't cover. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.