Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Established Member

How soon after getting a Capital One Platinum should I apply for a Quicksilver?

I'm about 6 months post-discharge. Score = 681. CL = 6k

Thank you!

Established Contributor

Re: How soon after getting a Capital One Platinum should I apply for a Quicksilver?

dudebro wrote:

Thank you!

6 months is the absolute minimum time between Capital One apps, so there's that

A better question would be: How soon after getting a Capital One Platinum can I get on their website chat and ask for a product change to a Quicksilver on the same account?

The answer to that one is 60 days from card activation  Smiley Very Happy

BK7 Discharged 4/27/2016 - Fico 8 as of 05/18/2017: EX 655 / TU 660 / EQ 676 - Follow my Journey Here
Established Member

Re: How soon after getting a Capital One Platinum should I apply for a Quicksilver?

That's a good idea cuz quicksilver def has better perks. But I'm more just looking to get another card and increase me CL.

Anyone have good results applying for a QuickSilver while already have a platinum?

Contributor

dudebro wrote:

Thank you!

I was able to convert my Platinum card to a Quicksilver right around 45 days.  I am 6 month post discharge from a CH13.  I had no issues and I did it over the phone.  My SL was $3k and it currently remains there.  I will be trying for a CLI as soon as allowed.  Hope that helps!

Garden Date: 3/11/17

Established Contributor

luxeprw9 wrote:

dudebro wrote:

Thank you!

I was able to convert my Platinum card to a Quicksilver right around 45 days.  I am 6 month post discharge from a CH13.  I had no issues and I did it over the phone.  My SL was $3k and it currently remains there.  I will be trying for a CLI as soon as allowed.  Hope that helps!

It's allowed now - do it!  Smiley Tongue

seriously though, your best course would be to request a CLI before the card hits 6 months, as at that time credit steps will kick in, and that will lock you out of further increases until the card hits 1 year

BK7 Discharged 4/27/2016 - Fico 8 as of 05/18/2017: EX 655 / TU 660 / EQ 676 - Follow my Journey Here
Valued Contributor

I was approved for the Platinum in June "16, and PC'd to QS right after my1st statement cut. You have to wait 6 months between new card apps with Cap1. I apped for QS in Dec '16 with FICO 8 at EQ 695, TU 655, EX 682, and was approved for a $10000 SL. Smiley Happy

Current Scores------ EQ 686; TU 652; EX 685 FICO 08---------------- Gardening until 6/21/19
Beginning Scores-- EQ 632; TU 576; EX 619 FICO 08 (06/13/16) - BK7 discharged 11/2015

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor

I was just over a month when I was able to PC my Plat to QS. 6mos for the 2nd card is Cap1 policy now.
Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 650 | TU 625 | EX 659

QS 3.3K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Contributor

TygerHawke wrote:

luxeprw9 wrote:

dudebro wrote:

Thank you!

It's allowed now - do it!  Smiley Tongue

seriously though, your best course would be to request a CLI before the card hits 6 months, as at that time credit steps will kick in, and that will lock you out of further increases until the card hits 1 year

I tried for a CLI and was denied for account being too new.  It said to try again after the 3rd statement.  That will be sometime in April.

Garden Date: 3/11/17

Established Member

Bella007 wrote:

I was approved for the Platinum in June "16, and PC'd to QS right after my1st statement cut. You have to wait 6 months between new card apps with Cap1. I apped for QS in Dec '16 with FICO 8 at EQ 695, TU 655, EX 682, and was approved for a $10000 SL. Smiley Happy

Bella,

Can you clairify? You switched to QS soon after getting your Platinum in June, but then applied for QS again in December?

Valued Contributor

dudebro wrote:

Bella007 wrote:

Bella,

Can you clairify? You switched to QS soon after getting your Platinum in June, but then applied for QS again in December?

Sure! I apped and got approved for Platinum on 6/5/16, PC'd to QS after 1st statement cut on 7/3/16, then apped for the Quicksilver WEMC and got approved on 12/22/16. The PC isn't considered a new app because your card retains the same number, same CL APR, approval date, etc. It just changes name and you can get rewards. I hope that helps, but let me know if there is something specific you would like to know that I didn't cover. Smiley Happy

Current Scores------ EQ 686; TU 652; EX 685 FICO 08---------------- Gardening until 6/21/19
Beginning Scores-- EQ 632; TU 576; EX 619 FICO 08 (06/13/16) - BK7 discharged 11/2015

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.