cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How soon after getting a Capital One Platinum should I apply for a Quicksilver?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How soon after getting a Capital One Platinum should I apply for a Quicksilver?

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm in pretty much the same situation as the OP - I was approved for and activated an unsecured Platinum MC last month, and rmduhon has advised me to try for both a PC to Quicksilver and a CLI before the six-month mark. I activated my card on February 17, so judging from the information in this thread I should probably go to Cap One and request a changeup to Quicksilver around April 17 (just after tax day, yikes!). As for CLI, I got an email on March 13 that Cap One will automatically raise my line to $3,500 after my 5th payment (my first one is due April 5). Again, judging from the information in the thread, I gather I should ask for the CLI before then - after 3rd statement (June), maybe? I did take note of the post saying asking for the CLI right off the bat around/after first statement was probably too soon.

Your understanding is correct, sir

Best of luck!  Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.