cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How soon can I apply and start rebuild? Discharge showed on Pacer today!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How soon can I apply and start rebuild? Discharge showed on Pacer today!

Hello everyone.  I checked pacer today and see that my Chapter 7 has been discharged and closed.  How soon can I apply and start my rebuild?  I did the Capital One prequal today and it showed two cards but I was scared to apply since my discharge was just today.  When is it ok to apply?  Thanks! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How soon can I apply and start rebuild? Discharge showed on Pacer today!

Congrats on the discharge! I know what a relief it is...whew!! Now your rebuild can begin!

I'm sure their are others more qualified to weigh in then I am, but I waited about two weeks to make sure the discharge was reporting. First, I pulled all three bureaus to make sure that there weren't any errors and that everything was reporting correctly. Then I app'd Cap One. One thing I can share, is that I don't make a move without researching this forum completely. The amazing amount of knowledge here is mind boggling. Members of this community saved me a zillion times. I wish you all the best!

I'm sure you'll be on your way to your new credit profile before you know it! Smiley Happy

Chapter 7: Discharged November 2015
11/15 Fico 8: EQ-585, TU-550, EX- 551
07/16 Fico 8: EQ-703, TU-695, EX- 660
09/16  (Post app spree) Fico 8: EQ-675, TU-675, EX-663
Cap One Platinum $2K/$4K, Cap One Quicksilver $3K, Discover $1,600, SPGVisa $4500, Red Roof Inn Siggy Visa $5K, Good Sam/Camping World Visa $1800, Overstock $7K, Lowe's $6K, NFCU Cash Rewards Visa $4600, NFCU CLOC $15K, PenFed Promise Visa $3K, Evine $1K, CreditOne Visa $600. Advantis CU RV Loan $60K, Advantis CU Auto Loan $29K
Garden until September 2018 (I'll be in the pumpkin patch)!

Message 2 of 3
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: How soon can I apply and start rebuild? Discharge showed on Pacer today!

Woohoo! Congrats on the discharge. You can save a copy of the d/c papers from Pacer and get started. I would pull your reports and make sure everything is reporting as it should be. Then go after Cap1 Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.