Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How soon did your BK report?

tag
gogocred
Established Member

How soon did your BK report?

Last Wednesday (3/2), I signed my BK CH7 petition. My attorney said my case was filed with the court on Friday (3/4). I'm just wondering when it should appear on my EQ and TU credit reports. Any ideas? BTW, I'm in IL.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AtlantaWill30339
New Contributor

Re: How soon did your BK report?

Mine appeared after filing within the week. My discharge on the other hand took about 3-4 weeks to show (I didn't even receive a notice from my atty that I had the discharge)--I found out from a SW alert

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My bankruptcy is set to hit the 10 year mark on Sept 1st and my lawyer died 5 years ago. It's the only negative thing on my report.  I figured I'd give them a month and then check my scores.  Did you get a decent lift when it came off?

Message 3 of 5
gogocred
Established Member

Hi 2957,

I actually just filed a few days ago, so I won't see a significant boost anytime soon. Smiley Sad  I was just asking how quickly ppl's BK appeared on their CRs.

Congrats on closing in on your 10yr mark!

Message 4 of 5
Xarquinn
New Contributor

My BK filing showed up pretty quickly (no increase/decrease in score) but my creditors "updated" until my BK was discharged.

Starting Score: Low 500's (BK Ch7 Discharged 3/2010) Back in with almost all of the creditors that I burned.
Current Scores: 760 - 800 (BK dropped off Nov 2019)
Alliant CU Visa 10k; Merrick Bank 0.4k (keeping for age); Lowes 25k; Target MC 13k; Capital One 8k; PayPal 10k; Total Rewards (Comenity) 25k; Amex BCP 38k; Discover 28k; PenFed 15k, Chase Amazon 20k; FNBO 28k; Citibank 30k; BlockFi 15k; X1 33k. Local Credit Union HELCO: 97k. Utilization around 30% incl HELCO
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.