Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get free credit score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get free credit score

Check pacer and they just sent out my discharge letters I was wanting to pull my credit score now, so I could see what Im dealing with. I went to Credit. com and during my verification process it wasnt approved because I've had nothing reporting since like 2012. Are there any other sources you recommend trying out?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to get free credit score

Others have suggested credit check total. I tried it out the other day, I'm in the same boat, no real credit activity for the past 5 years. It gave me FICO score 8s for TransUnion and Equifax, but not Experian. It's not free, though. Costs $1 for the first week, then goes up after that if you don't cancel.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want a true FICO score you will have to either pay for it or get a card/account that includes it as one of the benefits. I am getting a FICO score from Barclay and Walmart. I also am getting scores from DCU and Capital One. Not exactly what scoring models they use.

You can get free Vantage scores (Know as FAKO scores around here) from places like CreditKarma. They are good to see the changes that happen during the month. What you have to remember is that their score is not used by the majority of lenders.

If you do the CreditCheckTotal, make sure you cancel before the week is up. They will give you an offer for half price for at least a year. That's what I'm doing.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you want a true FICO score you will have to either pay for it or get a card/account that includes it as one of the benefits. I am getting a FICO score from Barclay and Walmart. I also am getting scores from DCU and Capital One. Not exactly what scoring models they use.

You can get free Vantage scores (Know as FAKO scores around here) from places like CreditKarma. They are good to see the changes that happen during the month. What you have to remember is that their score is not used by the majority of lenders.

If you do the CreditCheckTotal, make sure you cancel before the week is up. They will give you an offer for half price for at least a year. That's what I'm doing.

I recommend the CreditCheckTotal and cancel befoer the one week is up to get the half price deal.  To monitor your progress you will want the FICO score which I don't think you can get without paying.   CCT is the best deal I found but myFICO gives you all your scores if you buy the right package.  myFICO will give you your auto enhansed scores and mortgage scores also.   But it is pricy.  I did myFICO for one month to get my scores and cancelled then went to CCT.  I will pull my scores from myFICO again when I'm ready to go for an auto loan this spring.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.