Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to join NCFU and rebuild as a civilian the right way

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to join NCFU and rebuild as a civilian the right way

I'm in! I'm in! So excited! What do I do now, lol? I see some people are able to sign up for online access right away. Do I call cost service to get my account info to set up online? I need to fund my accounts. What should I apply for? Scores are low 600's across board and I'm just over year out of ch7. Any advice would be great. Thanks!
Message 281 of 527
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm in! I'm in! So excited! What do I do now, lol? I see some people are able to sign up for online access right away. Do I call cost service to get my account info to set up online? I need to fund my accounts. What should I apply for? Scores are low 600's across board and I'm just over year out of ch7. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

If you've got your access ID you should be able to create your online account now. When you fund your accounts you can send them in a check/money order, or you can wait until you get your debit card and locate a shared branching location that takes deposits for NavyFed via ATM and do it that way. You can also call and ask them to send you some pre paid envelopes to then send back your money if you aren't near a branch. If you also know your account numbers, you could just send a billpay payment from your current institution to them and put down the account number for your NavyFed account and deposit it that way as well.

From reading other's on the threads, you could apply for a CC, and if you have a checking with them you could apply for a credit limit on the checking. Possibly getting a limit of $500 each.

Message 282 of 527
Anonymous
Not applicable

They didn't give me an access id in the email. I'll have to call and ask. Thanks so much!
Message 283 of 527
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Flowergirl17,

Congratulations on getting in. If I remember correctly, they either email it or send it in the welcome kit which you will get in a week.

I would app for a the credit card first. If it gets declined, get the secured card. It will graduate!

Guyatthebeach
Message 284 of 527
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

+1

Message 285 of 527
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi There! This question may have been asked and answered through this post but I'm on a time crunch- how do I apply if I live in Alabama? Does it even matter? When I fax over my application and my driver's license shows an Alabama address will this cause a problem? Thanks!

Message 286 of 527
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where you live doesn't matter (I have a Texas license and had no problems getting a membership when I applied correctly).

Message 287 of 527
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

As long as you're honest on the application and follow the method, you should have no problems.

Just remember that during the enrollment period, you're working with schedule. I've seen people being able to join instantly and it took weeks for others to join.

Best of luck!

Guyatthebeach

Message 288 of 527
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone please post or PM me the link to join the chapter and then join NFCU. I think it's time. Thanks.
Message 289 of 527
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Can someone please post or PM me the link to join the chapter and then join NFCU. I think it's time. Thanks.

https://join.navyleague.org/wordpress/membership-form/ - be certain to include the words "San Diego Council" in the preferred council field

https://my.navyfederal.org/oma/eligibility.xhtml - If you're feeling lucky enough to apply online

https://www.navyfederal.org/pdf/applications-forms/NFCU97.pdf - If you'd rather go the tried-and-true mailed application route

Good luck!

Message 290 of 527
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.