Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to join NCFU and rebuild as a civilian the right way

tag
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Re: How to join NCFU and rebuild as a civilian the right way

BIzyBee,,

Igot an email showing app was received and then a welcome email with in a few minutes of applying on a Friday night.

Did you check to see if your credit card was charged?

You will probably need to call the Navy League's membership customer service to follow up.

Life's a beach!

Guyatthebeach

Message 31 of 527
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I just want to say thank you for this.  I had a great credit union prior to filing bankruptcy,  but because I included them in my Chapter 7 (discharged 1/15), I lost my membership.  I have been looking for a while for another one and Navy matched but I could never get in.  Not anymore!  

I followed the process of emailing my documents  on Thursday evening, and on a whim I called Saturday to check on the status.   The person I spoked to called membership processing and they opened the account while I was on hold!  I had a branch that was 15 minutes away from me, so I was able to go and get my debit card and fund the account there.  I applied for the CLOC but was told it was under review.  No biggie if I don'the get it as I am not sure my scores are where they need to be.

I also opened a PenFed savings, just for their Rewards card, and was approved for both their Rewards Visa and their Travel Amex for 5k each!  I am done pulling the trigger on new credit and apps until at least 2018.  These boards have been awesome in my rebuild.

Message 32 of 527
BizyBee

Thanks for the replies. Checked my account this morning and I was charged. If I don't get something by afternoon tomorrow, I will give them a call. 

Message 33 of 527
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Did you check your spam folder?

I had an email from PENFED go to my spam folder Friday.

Guyatthebeach

Message 34 of 527
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

I just want to say thank you for this.  I had a great credit union prior to filing bankruptcy,  but because I included them in my Chapter 7 (discharged 1/15), I lost my membership.  I have been looking for a while for another one and Navy matched but I could never get in.  Not anymore!  

I followed the process of emailing my documents  on Thursday evening, and on a whim I called Saturday to check on the status.   The person I spoked to called membership processing and they opened the account while I was on hold!  I had a branch that was 15 minutes away from me, so I was able to go and get my debit card and fund the account there.  I applied for the CLOC but was told it was under review.  No biggie if I don'the get it as I am not sure my scores are where they need to be.

I also opened a PenFed savings, just for their Rewards card, and was approved for both their Rewards Visa and their Travel Amex for 5k each!  I am done pulling the trigger on new credit and apps until at least 2018.  These boards have been awesome in my rebuild.

Congratulations!!!!

Message 35 of 527
BizyBee

I called today and they said I should have received something in my email. They're having problems in their database and couldn't even access it to confirm I applied so she said to call back tomorrow...LOL

Message 36 of 527
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'M IN !!!

Called today, initially said I was DENIED as I had 2 applications (They must have found the one that got lost). After the first customer service rep (very helpful) called another department, they verified all the info i sent in on friday to the membership docs e-mail address (Copy of state drivers license, BOTH emails from the NL of San Diego and completed Application) they said I was approved and I got a welcome email in my inbox!

Now to head down to the local office and make a deposit!!!

After I let my new Cap1 Platinum ( 3K SL ) bake for a few months, and the Allient CU shared savings I'm opening friday, i'll apply for a NFCU product or two.

THANK YOU ALL!!!

Now If I just make it past the inevitable security review that kinds freaks me out...

Last thing anyone wants is to get their accounts frozen with no wayt to pay bills, and possibly getting a bunch of late payments... ugh.

I'm debating only putting 300 or so a pay period for a while just into savings, I dont want to miss a payment anywhere, that would suck.

On the "Locked for security review" is this to verify membership, or to verify the person? (mine is not locked, just seeking knowledge?

Message 37 of 527
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!!!
Message 38 of 527
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I completed the Navy League membership form on Sunday afternoon, and I haven't gotten the welcome email. I did save a copy of the website confirmation, but there is no member number on that page. How long should I wait before I give them a call? I'm sure they've been overrun with new members so I'm not overly worried, but I do want to stay on it. Also, I don't want to seem pushy, since this is a major opportunity for all of us getting in this way.

Thx
Message 39 of 527
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

It will be great, if people can also post here the results of applying for credit products with NFCU since we are all BK family.

BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 40 of 527
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.