Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to join NCFU and rebuild as a civilian the right way

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to join NCFU and rebuild as a civilian the right way

If you email, do you just scan your application and send it in an email?  What email address do you use?  What else should I send?  I know the info is probably in this thread, but I have read and read and have not seen it.

Message 441 of 527
SupraTurbo2jz
Regular Contributor

yes print out appliation, fill it out and sign it. I included my last 2 pay stubs ss card and dl. Email that information to membershipdocs@navyfederal.org.  Wait about 5 days b4 you call for an update. I just got my cloc posted on my account Smiley Happy.

CH 7 BK discharged 05/15 goal scores 680 across the board
Current Score: TU 657 EQ 676 EX 657 FICO pull 03/20/17

photo cabelas 3700.jpg
 photo Disney siggy 5000.png photo SWP Premier 2500.png photo virgin america 2300.jpg photo lexus 2500.png photo toyota 2500.png photo kays1500.jpg photo hsn4000.png photo GoodSam 1000.png photo buckle 900.jpg photo af 250.png photo valero.jpg photo fingerhut.jpg
Message 442 of 527
Wovenyarn
Regular Contributor

I did the same.  I sent my pay stub, SS card and DL.  I waited about 2 business days but that was only because they originally told me that approval should take about 48 hours to process.

I went into the branch yesterday and funded the account and received my check card.

Freedom $3k, DCU $5k, BoA Rewards $1k, BoA Americard $2k, Barclay's Ring $3k, Cap 1 Plat $2k, QS1 $2k, Discover IT $500, Lowe's $10k

Scores: EQ 687, TU 709, EX 692
Message 443 of 527
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

I apologize if this is a silly question and I imagine it is probably somewhere in this thread but I don't want to look through 45 pages. (I did read the first couple and the last couple.) Do you need to be in a certian geographic region in order to get into NFCU? I am in Arkansas and there are no NFCU branches anywhere remotely close to me. We burned the local CU in our Ch. 13 BK (auto loan) and I'd really like to get in with a good CU.

Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 444 of 527
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Matt_rocks,

That is not a stupid question! You can join as long you're eligible to join and live in the US. I only visit my branch once a month and that's to deposit cash.

Literally 99% of what I do is on the phone or online.
Message 445 of 527
SupraTurbo2jz
Regular Contributor

Agree with GATB, I do 99% of all transaction online. I also have Penfed...with no branches within 500 miles of me I think soo. get the phone app and have at it Smiley Wink.

CH 7 BK discharged 05/15 goal scores 680 across the board
Current Score: TU 657 EQ 676 EX 657 FICO pull 03/20/17

photo cabelas 3700.jpg
 photo Disney siggy 5000.png photo SWP Premier 2500.png photo virgin america 2300.jpg photo lexus 2500.png photo toyota 2500.png photo kays1500.jpg photo hsn4000.png photo GoodSam 1000.png photo buckle 900.jpg photo af 250.png photo valero.jpg photo fingerhut.jpg
Message 446 of 527
Anonymous
Not applicable

This method worked for me too. I am so happy I found this forum and this thread. It took about 4 days to receive my welcome. My husband and I applied jointly. I emailed a copy of our DLs, SS cards and even our birth certificates and marriage license. I wanted noooo hold ups. Lol. Thank you Thank you!!!
Message 447 of 527
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sent everything in today. Fingers crossed!

Message 448 of 527
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sent everything in today. Fingers crossed!

SteelerNYC,

If you followed the procedure, you're in!

Just be patient a little bit longer.

Message 449 of 527
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you heard anything? I sent my application in last Monday (the 27th) and am trying to be patient. I figure if I don't hear from them tomorrow then I'll give a call on Tuesday.
Message 450 of 527
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.