Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove personal BK from business credit file

tag
Draco007
New Contributor

How to remove personal BK from business credit file

Hi,

I have a problem I'm looking to fix.  In 2002 my DH and I were both laid off from dot.com companies while I was expecting our first child.  We both filed bankruptcy in 2002.  Shortly after my child was born and I started to get back on my feet, I started my own business in 2003.  I've been in business ever since making a decent income.

I now have a problem with my business credit.  My company is now an LLC.  I am listed as a member and my personal BK from 2002 is showing up on my Dun and Bradstreet business credit report.  My Paydex score is 85, but my rating is  "-- " due to my personal BK.

I called Dun & Bradstreet after sending them several letters requesting removal of the BK info, and they say they cannot remove it for 20 years as long as I am a member of my own LLC.

Am I suck with this?  I am uable to get any real business credit (other than Staples and Office depot) due to the BK.  Does anyone know how to get this removed?  It's bad enough I have it on my personal reports.

Message Edited by Draco007 on 01-24-2008 03:22 PM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to remove personal BK from business credit file

File a   brand  new LLC  and start building business credit , by do not put your name on the new duns file  and experian file .

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.