Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Give Up On Barclay

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I Give Up On Barclay

I burned cap 1 for about 1000.00 the rep a few months ago said I can reapply for them in Oct since that was when they closed my card after they found out I filed for BK 7 in oct 2014. I never had a Barclay card so idk why they are giving me a hard time. I have had nothing but great payment history since my BK and low balances my scores are already in the mid 600's all they said was they want to see my payment history since most of my cards were open in Feb and March
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's why I find it odd since I heard from many on this forum that Barclay likes to see at least 6 months of good on time payments on other cards BEFORE they approve you but they approved mine with 1 card that I first got last month and it hasn't even posted yet for payment due date!!!

Try to speak to Card Security dept and see if they willing to recon sometimes second or third rep would be luck to approve you!

Message 12 of 17
Taoron
Frequent Contributor

I had a Credit One card and secured credit union card for 6 months and used one card and PIF each month and got approved for Barclaycard Rewards Card 6 months later.   Another card you can get easily approved for would be the Apple card.  I got approved for $2k and recently combined accounts after they approved me for a second rewards card.  (had better terms than the first.)  I closed the first one and the apple card and combined to a new rewards...

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alexandria

To clarify you were approved for the discover IT card a month after discharge ? 

If I am reading correctly was this a secured card or unsecured card ? I am asking because I am also isnterested in applying but thought they required more rebuilding time after discharge. 

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct, I was approved for the Discover It card secure in Feb they told me I would be apply to have it unapproved with good payment history after a year.
Message 15 of 17
Scupra
Super Contributor

Even after dumping your AF card you will have three open revolving TL's. Barclay isn't needed for any rebuild purposes. Give it some time and you will be fine. You're 8 months post d/c and have 4 revolving cards that are new, probably spooked Barlcay.
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 16 of 17
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I am looking for another rebuild card. I want to close credit one before the annual fee of 75.00 kicks in in Feb. I actually burned Cap 1 in my BK they told me I would be able to re apply again in Oct which I plan to do if Barclay is a no go I have just heard good things about their card.

Barclays doesn't like new accounts, give it 6 mos after you last account was opened, and the longer you wait for Cap One the more CL they should give you. Barclays sent me a app invite about a year post BK7 discharge and I was approved, I forget the SL (maybe $1500) but with steady usage & PIF it got it up to $5700 CL. Then I was approved for an NFL card last March, $5k SL and I only got it to payoff a Prosper loan w/0% 15 mo BT, so now over $10k with Barclays. The Rewards MC is a very decent card, I just use it for the 2% rewards categories - gas, groceries & utilities. I burned Cap One for a lot more than you did and avoided them thinking they would never approve me. But then I found MyFico and saw how BK friendly/forgiving they were and app'd last Oct (4 years post filing) - they approved me for Quicksilver w/$10k SL, I almost kissed the PC monitor! Thern I was approved for a Spark biz card 9/1/15 w/$5k SL, so now $15k w/Cap One. Dont't get discouraged. just take your time.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.