Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am discharged! - Rebuilding log

tag
Datx
Valued Contributor

I am discharged! - Rebuilding log

I just checked pacer and I am officially discharged. Smiley Very Happy

Quite an experience. I know most of the words of encouragement I have received after my 341 meeting was to relax, be patient, and wait for the discharge. But lots I was so worried about something happening. Such as a creditor or a trustee objecting, etc. Phew! I'm going to start pulling credit reports, and make sure everything is reporting as should. Then probably start rebuilding with Cap One, or secured cards. I did burn Cap One in my BK, so I may be blacklisted. This is going to be a log on my rebuilding. One thing I wished I did differently before I started having issues with credit, was the amount of store cards I had. I had so many many store cards. This time, the only store card I would even be interested is an Amazon card. But I also burned Synchrony, so it would probably be awhile before I even get approved for that. I will update this thread with any declines, and approvals as I rebuild. Wish me luck!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I am discharged! - Rebuilding log

Congrats on making it through! Try the Cap One prequalifier to see if you can get a card through them. If not, I'd try again in a week. That would be a great start to your rebuilding process. Stay away from the store cards! lol Smiley Wink I didn't get my first store card until about 6-7months post discharge. Synchrony didn't approve me until a month ago. 

Message 2 of 5
Datx
Valued Contributor

Thanks Nikki! I have tried the Cap One prequalifier and unfortunately I didn't get the message that I was hoping for. Right now, my focus are on the accounts that are not showing as included in BK, with balances etc. And also my BK is not showing as discharged yet on my CRs, which I understand it will take a few weeks before it updates. Once everything looks good, I plan to try the Cap One prequal again, and will just do an app even if I don't receive any prequal offers. That probably won't happen for a few more weeks until I get my dispute results back. I could just go out and get secured cards, but I think I'm going to be patient and make sure all my CRs are reporting as suppose to before I start apping for cards. I rather not have money held up in secured cards, If I can get a couple of unsecured cards through Cap One.

Message 3 of 5
Pway
Valued Contributor

Congrats on being discharged.  Capital One is one of the most forgiving lenders.  I burned them as well in my BK, and six months later I was able to get back in with them.  I currently have three cards with them.  

This link will help you with your rebuild  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/HOW-TO-From-BK7-discharge-to-700-in-24-months-or-less/td-...

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 4 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats. I know the feeling.  I had to fight a couple CA's to remove, until my lawyer stepped in and threatened to sue. His wall has many big checks from stubborn CA's that didnt abide by the law. It took roughly 2 months for everything to clear up. Be patient. It will come. He also advised to wait 60 days after the DC to apply. Which I did. The results are below. I did't burn Cap1. In fact I reaffirmed my truck with them. So that helped a lot. Living the dream now. Good luck!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.