Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I disputed a Ch. 13 that was dismissed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed a Ch. 13 that was dismissed

OK I had a dismissed ch.13 reported on 6/2007 so I called in to dispute the ch.13 for still being on my credit it was never completed in court but filed OK I did the dispute so it could come off Oct 21,2014 my score was a 636 Equifax OK on Oct 23,2014 it show it was reported on credit my question is if they wasn't going to remove how can it be added updated to showing report ed date of Oct 2014 now my score went to a 536 it dropped 100 point is this a matter I need to get an Attorney or just called they dispute department on Monday please help
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I disputed a Ch. 13 that was dismissed

Hmm... good ole Experian refuse to remove my BK7 as it showed the starting point but was never showed closed out. Had to go to the court and get a copy of the final order and send a certified copy (snail mail) to Experian. Not my doing that the final paperwork never got processed by EX. But the man who has the gold rules. They did remove it ten days after getting my paperwork. Note, I don't trust so I sent it so they had to sign for it and I could track all the happenings. They are so obtuse. Added note, this was ten years after the event so it was like "say what"?

Message 2 of 7
b_diddy
Established Contributor

It's correctly a public record when filed but you should get the dismissal paperwork to prove the date.

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK so do you think they was correct to put it back on as reported sate of 10/2014 or should it still be the 07 date

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK thanks yeah I understand it's a public record but should it been resubmitted as a new date reported so now it looks like I just filed and my score dropped 100

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your bankruptcy is going to stay on your credit report for 10 years from the date that you filed. It does not matter that the case was dismissed. The fact remains that you still filed it. The filing date controls, not the dismissal date.

People always get confused over having a dismissed BK on your credit.

Imagine that I ran a stop sign, and a cop says I'm going to get a ticket. Can I prevent the ticket if I put my car in reverse, and back up to where I should have stopped? Of course not. Your bankruptcy didn't go through, but you still ran the stop sign. It will stay on your report.

Message 6 of 7
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Your bankruptcy is going to stay on your credit report for 10 years from the date that you filed. It does not matter that the case was dismissed. The fact remains that you still filed it. The filing date controls, not the dismissal date.

People always get confused over having a dismissed BK on your credit.

Imagine that I ran a stop sign, and a cop says I'm going to get a ticket. Can I prevent the ticket if I put my car in reverse, and back up to where I should have stopped? Of course not. Your bankruptcy didn't go through, but you still ran the stop sign. It will stay on your report.

Exactly.

Discharged 13's stay for 7 years... dismissed 13's stay for 10.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.