Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel horrible... all accts closed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel horrible... all accts closed

Im planning on filing bankrupcty... I m very upset amex closed all 3 of my accts, discover closed, chase and citi also closed the 4 others.. The only one that is still opened is capital one 15k limit and I owe 14.5k ... so done with credit... sorry for the rant.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Re: I feel horrible... all accts closed

I am sorry, but as I noted in your other thread this is a blessing for you. File for bk and don't get credit again.

Message 2 of 9
baller4life
Super Contributor

Have you missed payments or just high util?

Message 3 of 9
settleordelete
Regular Contributor

Don't feel bad... Thousands of people in the US and some of them used this site file for bankruptcy every single month. One of the primary reasons is high amounts of credit card debt.
I've been where you are trying to go and I don't wanna go back.
Message 4 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Did you tell the Creditors you were going to file BK?  Regardless I wish you the best during the process.   Reason I ask I use to work for a few different CC companies as a progammer and if you stated that it was instant close.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I think they closed them because of high balances and starting to get late payments

Message 6 of 9
Luftty
Established Member

Once you file BK those cc's will close anyways.

also you are not supposed to use them at least 3 months before filling ( that's what my lawyer said, unless you had extenuating circumstances = food, water shut off, etc.) otherwise creditors could contest your BK and try to move towards dismissal of their debt. 

Good luck.

Message 7 of 9
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Not long after you file, a few days even, you will feel this huge weight lifted off of your shoulders. You've shed the debt and now it will be time to rebuild.  You'll have days where you feel guilt and shame but you've made a choice to start over and thats what filing will do for you.  I am almost 3 months post disch and I have come to terms with it and made a plan to rebuild. I am 100% focused on that plan and there's no looking back.  Good luck and lean on the good folks on this forum. Here you'll get questions answered and you will learn so much.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 8 of 9
Scupra
Super Contributor

@barbaralee wrote:

I am sorry, but as I noted in your other thread this is a blessing for you. File for bk and don't get credit again.

I would say to just obtain credit and use responsibly.. 

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.