Mike1978

I filed Bankruptcy 6 years ago and my score fluxuates 20-40 points up and down

I filed bankruptcy six years.  I have established new credit accounts and have made all of my loan and credit card payments on time since then.  I have little to no credit card debt and have an excellent hisotry of paying on my student loans.  My credit score (especially with Transunion) will slowly go up over 700 and then dramaticly drop back down to the 660's with no reason.  I checked my credit reports and two of the credit cards that were filed in bankruptcy were reported again in February of 2008.  I say reported again because they have reflected as discharged by bankrupty for the last six years.  Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this?  My credit score consistently takes a dip in February and slowly goes back up over the year. 
New Contributor
whoisjohngalt7

Re: I filed Bankruptcy 6 years ago and my score fluxuates 20-40 points up and down

which ccc are they? capital one?

the ccc should onlybe allowed to report once to your report after the discharge, and it should be reported as $0 balance. if they are not following this, dispute it and tell the bureau this little tidbit of information, that they should not be reporting anymore after the discharge.

at least, that is what my bl lawyer told me after the bk discharge.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}