Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have filed BK7!

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

I have filed BK7!

Filed on 10/2015, paid my attorney in full, and now waiting for 341 meeting which has been delayed due to court being remodeled. As everyone else I never thought I would of been in this situation, but lesson learned and will not do it again. Filed CC's since that is the only debt I had. I have no mortgage or auto loans which made my case easier. I am already on my 2nd month of not paying my creditors. I just want for it to be over which will come soon enough.
Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I have filed BK7!

Please keep us updated on your journey.
Message 2 of 15
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Sure will!
Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the forum! Take this time to breathe. We've all been there. Let us know how things go.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that, wish you the best through the process.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

BearsAndTrutlesRtheBest --

Congratulate yourself on taking the step towards helping you and your family. I know it may not seem like it at the moment, but your life will be better for having filed. Of course, we all would like to have not been in the position in the first place to have to file, but once the decision is made, use the opportunity for the clean slate, rebuild solidly and you will be shocked at where your financial life will be a year from now. I'm still amazed and I've been at it almost 1 1/2 yr.Smiley Happy

Welcome and learn all you can from those who have successfully gone through the process. This forum is golden for folks like us!Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 15
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Thanks everyone! And for those saying to take this time to clean up reports, what do you mean? All I have on my reports are late's due to me not making payments the past 2 months, also I just have the CC's that will be going to BK on my reports, so what should I be cleaning up? Thanks and hope this makes sense.
Message 7 of 15
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Your BK sounds similar to mine, I filed after a craptastic divorce and poor credit managment. Started the process in April, had my 341 hearing soon after, and was discharged in August. I took off a year before rebuilding, but had I to do it over again I would have started immediately. Now my lifestyle has changed so much it is amazing to believe that I had even gotten to the point where I had to file BK. 

I wish you the best, stay positive. 

Message 8 of 15
lylesvegas
Contributor

If you dont mind how much cc debt are you BK ing ??

Amex BCE...Amex ED...Barclay WMC...Priceline Rewards Visa...Cap One Venture...Total Rewards Visa...Wells Fargo Visa...Discover IT...Pay Pal Smart Connect...Overstock Store Card...Lowe's Store Card

Message 9 of 15
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:
Filed on 10/2015, paid my attorney in full, and now waiting for 341 meeting which has been delayed due to court being remodeled. As everyone else I never thought I would of been in this situation, but lesson learned and will not do it again. Filed CC's since that is the only debt I had. I have no mortgage or auto loans which made my case easier. I am already on my 2nd month of not paying my creditors. I just want for it to be over which will come soon enough.

Didn't you just get a secured card only a few months ago? I remember you had several cards, then suddenly closed them, then got the Citibank secured card, and now you're filing for bankruptcy. Aren't you like 18 years old? This really doesn't make sense.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.