cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have my 341 meeting tomorrow morning!!!!!!

tag

I have my 341 meeting tomorrow morning!!!!!!

I have my 341 meeting tomorrow at 9 am I am really nervous, can someone help me with what I should expect and what your meeting was liike? Thanks!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
hendog1
Established Member

Re: I have my 341 meeting tomorrow morning!!!!!!

I had mine last year.The main thing you want to do is keep your answers short and to the point!I was nervous also,everyone there is nervous.I smoked like three cigars on the way there lol.I filed my own bk.Just read over your paper work the day before so you would be prepared

Message 2 of 5
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Do you have a good attorney?

If so, it should go something like this:

<swear in>

Trustee:  Is this your current address?

You: Yes

Trustee:  Thanks. That's all.  Have a nice day.

<you leave>

Literally, takes 2 mins with the following exception:

If you're a bonehead (as far as filling out your W-2's) and get more than a couple hundred back from your tax returns, the trustee may ask you to sign a form turning over your next year's tax returns... that adds like 3 seconds.

Note:  If you ARE a bonehead, go fix your W-2s!  If/When they're right, you will either get back or owe <$500.  If they're wrong and you're getting a big refund, fix them and increase your monthly take-home income.

If you're doing it yourself, or have a fast-food law firm handling your case, you could be there for a while while the trustee scrutinizes everything and/or decides to continue the case.  Then it just depends on how the trustee is feeling tomorrow morning.  But, 99% of the time, they're cake... don't sweat it.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 3 of 5

bankruptcy trustee grilled the woman before us about her incme tax and what she spent it on. My lawyer informed me she did not ask about our so it would not be a big deal. As we were up it was business as usual until she asked about the income tax. She asked how much it was and I informed her around 7500 all together with an amended return we had. She then told us we have 10 days to provide receipts and bank statements as to where it went!!!!! Like most people who are poor then get a nice chunk of money we splurged on dumb things like going out to eat and god know what else. I am not sure what to do from here and am scared. I have nothing to hide but I do not think my income tax was even deposited into a bank account and we do not keep receipts. Please any advice would be great!!!!!

Message 4 of 5
bobbysan07td

Mine was like SoulMaster's description. I think she might have asked if all of the infomation that I provided was correct. I said, yes, and that was it.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.