Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I jumped the gun

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I jumped the gun

If I was a trustee, I would question some people also who getting hundreds of thousand dollars of debt 2 years after discharge. No, I'm not actually discharge until Next Monday. Had my cards now for a month. If you lied about your assets or tried to hide will make a trustee watch your case. Trustee know when they suspect fraud. I personally went to my attorney and ask for a form to ask the trustee for to attain credit, he personally said only a chapter 13 filers had to ask the trustee. Not going back and forth just stating my experience with the OP question. Different stroke for different folks.
Message 31 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Op come back after you're discharge and let us know what happen. I'm looking on here trying to find someone who stated their bankruptcy was dismiss due to applying for credit before discharge. Chapter 7 filers.
Message 32 of 40
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If I was a trustee, I would question some people also who getting hundreds of thousand dollars of debt 2 years after discharge. No, I'm not actually discharge until Next Monday. Had my cards now for a month. If you lied about your assets or tried to hide will make a trustee watch your case. Trustee know when they suspect fraud. I personally went to my attorney and ask for a form to ask the trustee for to attain credit, he personally said only a chapter 13 filers had to ask the trustee. Not going back and forth just stating my experience with the OP question. Different stroke for different folks.

Trustee has nothing to do with you once you are discharged. What do you think is wrong with rebuilding? If a creditor feels you are worthy of a high limit then so be it. You are underwritten for approval.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 33 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Op please update us what happen after your discharge. I will update also. 6/15/15.
Message 34 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Referring to the one who file more than once
Message 35 of 40
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

I filed once - not twice. I had two 341's because the trustee had a lot of information to go through and it was a large filing. So I guess you could call the second 341 a continuation of the first. I was successfully discharged within 96 days from filing to discharge. I have nothing to hide. But I didn't run out and get credit during my Bk either - or do anything else to push the trustee.

bootsy, you may have no issues at all with your filing and subsequent discharge. The OP may not either. However, just because you skated through doesn't mean the advice you are giving is prudent. And that is what is necessary when you are talking about filing Bk and doing the right thing.

Message 36 of 40
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I think the OP has enough info now on how to proceed. No point in hashing out anymore time on this thread. Surely the OP has enough sense to listen to the users who have been on the forums for years, with many posts, and experience to back what they say. OP..if you have any questions about something else, Id be happy to discuss them with you, you always more than welcome to PM me, or any other long time user on the thread if you need too. We welcome thatSmiley Happy
Message 37 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me find out yall mad. I was taught no matter how old a person is they still have a lot to learn. Who perfect. Its doesnt matter how long you been on here, we all are entitle to post our experience also. Some of them be lying.

Message 38 of 40
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Let me find out yall mad. I was taught no matter how old a person is they still have a lot to learn. Who perfect. Its doesnt matter how long you been on here, we all are entitle to post our experience also. Some of them be lying.

Nobody is mad and you are correct, we never stop learning. We just want to make sure we are giving the best information out as a BK is very serious. That's it Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 39 of 40
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:
I think the OP has enough info now on how to proceed. No point in hashing out anymore time on this thread. Surely the OP has enough sense to listen to the users who have been on the forums for years, with many posts, and experience to back what they say. OP..if you have any questions about something else, Id be happy to discuss them with you, you always more than welcome to PM me, or any other long time user on the thread if you need too. We welcome thatSmiley Happy

I agree, thread is locked.

Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.