Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm going crazy

tag
jackg
Established Contributor

I'm going crazy

My BK was discharged 8/06 and included a Sam's Club acct, about $600. The issue is that every month the report to the big 3 the status of the acct. I am sooooo frustrated I'm ready to burst. Why can't they let you live in peace and try to restore your credit.
Does any one have a suggestion? I have disputed with the CRA's to no avail.
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
rizeninme
New Contributor

Re: I'm going crazy

I disputed my accounts with the CRA's and they all came back as verified. So my next step was to dispute directly with the OC's with a copy of my BK paperwork.

This is the letter I sent:

HSBC Best Buy
P.O. Box 15524
Wilmington, DE 19850

Re: Account #: XXXX

Dear Sir or Madam:

This letter hereby notifies you that the accuracy of this reported debt in dispute. In accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), 15 U.S.C. § 1681 you must correct any erroneous reporting to any and all credit reporting agencies.

The status of this account is listed on my credit report as “Transferred, closed/Account charged off. $3924 written off.”

However, you were notified by the United States Bankruptcy Court – District of South Carolina that my bankruptcy was discharged on 08/08/2005, and you have failed to update my account information with all credit reporting agencies accordingly.

Please correct your records and immediately delete this erroneous information from my credit file with all sources to which you have reported, Equifax, Experian, and/or TransUnion.

Failure of your company to comply with this request will be a violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act as well as The Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005, 11 U.S.C § 528, and will directly result in a complaint filed with the Federal Trade Commission and the State of Texas Attorney General's office. Please be advised, should this request be violated, I will pursue all criminal and civil claims, including any and all punitive damages, allowable by federal and state law against your company.

I look forward to your timely written response.

Best regards,

I adapted this letter for each account we had, and sent them with a copy of my BK discharge notice. So far, after three weeks, we have only heard back from one creditor, and they are updating their reporting of the account.

I will file complaints with FTC and AG against each and every one of our creditors that disregard my letter and refuse to accurately report the accounts as IIB. I'm giving them 30 days. There are a few I am actually hoping to be able to file a complaint against because of all the harassment we endured from the bill collectors before we filed for BK. It's going to be my sweet revenge- it may not make a bit of difference to anyone but me, but I don't care!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.