cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a bank! Anyone know of a bankruptcy friendly one?

tag
amber78
Contributor

I need a bank! Anyone know of a bankruptcy friendly one?

I am currently with USAA but I would like an ACTUAL location to go to the bank in my state of WI.  In addition to this, I have an LLC and USAA does not offer business banking.  I am currently in the process of CH 7.. 
I have tried at two different local credit unions and online app at Wells Fargo.  I've been denied.  The only thing in ChexSystem is the pending BK.  How am I suppose to get a bank?  Will I be able to get one after the BK discharges or am I now doomed to save all my money in a piggy bank??

PAST SCORES: Experian FAKO
511 (12/01/13), 591E(05/02/14), 628 (05/07/2014)
CURRENT SCORE: 658 (08/15/2014)
Filed CH7 04/2014 & Discharged 08/2014
Goal Score: 720
In my wallet: CapitalOne Plat. $700 (07/2014), Capitalone QuickSilver $2,000 (09/2014)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
danibaby89
Valued Member

Re: I need a bank! Anyone know of a bankruptcy friendly one?

Hello there,

I was in your same situation. I hadn't had a bank account in over 5yrs. Once I filed Chapter 7, I sent a letter to Checxsystems, Telecheck, and Ealry warning systems along

with a copy of my photo I.D. and bankruptcy notice demanding they remove all negative information. Chexsystmes cleared my record in 10days, telecheck in 2 business days and EWS is still in progress and I was able to get a T.D. bank account 2 weeks ago. I was super excited. Do you know if you were ever reported  to Telecheck or Ealry warning systems?

BK Chap 7 filed 6/27/14
341 Meeting 7/25/14
Discharged 9/30/14
Starting Score: 496
Current Score: 509 (Equifax)578 (Experian)
Goal Score: 700 ALL

Message 2 of 6
amber78
Contributor

Hmm I have never heard of Telecheck or Early Warning Signs before. I will look into these ASAP!
I did send my BK stuff to Chexsystems about two months ago ( I had a baddie from a bank on there) and they deleted that and sent me a new report.  Now I notice though that they have my BK listed on there?  I just tried again to get a bank account and they denied with reason stating in Chex System.. GRRR.. not sure if they are pulling up the Bk, but besides that I have NOTHING in chexsystems. Im super confused

PAST SCORES: Experian FAKO
511 (12/01/13), 591E(05/02/14), 628 (05/07/2014)
CURRENT SCORE: 658 (08/15/2014)
Filed CH7 04/2014 & Discharged 08/2014
Goal Score: 720
In my wallet: CapitalOne Plat. $700 (07/2014), Capitalone QuickSilver $2,000 (09/2014)
Message 3 of 6
danibaby89
Valued Member

I would just sent a letter to Teelecheck and Ealry warning systems with the stuff I mentioned up above. You would be surprised to know that a lot of banks use more than just chexsytems so that could explain why you keep getting denied. Maybe go into a branch and bring you bankruptcy documents and talk with the branch manager that might help.

BK Chap 7 filed 6/27/14
341 Meeting 7/25/14
Discharged 9/30/14
Starting Score: 496
Current Score: 509 (Equifax)578 (Experian)
Goal Score: 700 ALL

Message 4 of 6
vtguy25
Contributor

I know you said you would like a actually location to go to but I know that TD bank would open you an account I am not sure how the business one would work just because of paper work.  But you could call them and set everything up over the phone or online.  They offer mobile banking so you can just take a picture of your check that you are depositing and they have mobile banking and many locations up and down the east coast.  Just a thought if you need a bank quick this may be an option.

Message 5 of 6
Metsfantransplant
Valued Member

You may have to wait until discharge before you can open a bank account. I'm having the same problem as you. I tried adding my wife to my Wells Fargo checking account and it popped up with an entry into chexsystems(which we near is clear) and an unpaid bankruptcy. I'm guessing it's because we're not discharged just yet. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.